Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Blue Star posted:

Sounds like another "political correctness gone mad" opinion piece. I don't buy it. Oppressed people do not have to take the feelings of oppressors into account, nor should they. Most men are misogynist. White people are racist. Sorry if that hurts somebody's feelings.

You can never swing too wide with the sword of justice. Kill them all and let God sort them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

katlington posted:

Like anything wide spread or popular, people are going to jump on board but get it wrong and take things in weird directions.

This is because assuming the facade of something with momentum is cheap, but actually balancing the line between minimum emotional capital invested and quick-burn/viral fadism takes a lot of work. This is why parties co-opt issues that have grassroots momentum rather than actually use their power for anything other than gaining and maintaining more power.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

SedanChair posted:

You seem to have conservatism confused with decency. Conservatives are all about using fear and shame against women, in work, school, home and chance encounters.

I always get the feeeling that, at least the modern 'merican version of it, conservatism came from at least a sense of being better than the 'other'. It could be morally better, better 'class' better taste, better use of time, just better. Government can't do better with my money than I can. Government shouldn't do anything to my business because I know better. This isn't purely binary but tends to follow certain exclusionary groupings that radiate outward from their egocentric view of the world.

Berk Berkly fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Dec 4, 2014

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
Give up Left. You can't win. We have the (moral) high ground.

*The Left screams with rage trying only to get its legs caught off and fall into lava*

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

SedanChair posted:

What kind of proof would satisfy you?

I'd settle for 80 proof but 100+ if you got it.

• Locked thread