Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Four pages since the event, and "someone said a bad word" has completely taken over the discussion. Telling, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

wateroverfire posted:

D&D is I think the best remedy for leftist tendencies. Like, I would show someone this thread and say "See, these are your allies" and they'd be scared off for years.
It's certainly been my experience. I still hold mostly leftist views, but I've basically completely given up on the 'movement.'

Not that it's completely attributable to my experiences here, of course. They're definitely a contributor, though.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

beepo posted:

I think the difference between lefties and staunch right wingers is that the left sees the average right winger as being mislead by the powerful or even willfully ignorant, but that they can be changed and educated.
The second reply to this thread, and first argument against it, was the following.

Blue Star posted:

Sounds like another "political correctness gone mad" opinion piece. I don't buy it. Oppressed people do not have to take the feelings of oppressors into account, nor should they. Most men are misogynist. White people are racist. Sorry if that hurts somebody's feelings.
Really, I think a lot of the left has entirely given up on changing anyone's opinions. Current political opponents are misogynistic, racist oppressors who have to die for anything to change.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Typical Pubbie posted:

Something did happen, though. The American people got to watch a cop kill a guy and get away with it. Even my hardcore conservative family members who had been crowing about "race baiters in Ferguson" were stunned by the decision not to indict Garner's killer. We need body cameras on every patrol officer and on every officer serving a warrant.
It's severe enough that we get things like this:

More than slightly nutty internet conservatives are even positioning themselves against it, to the point of apparently convincing themselves that liberals are okay with it.

• Locked thread