Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the ipad mini was truly prescient

all they have to do is flip a config switch and the LTE model becomes the iphone 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

its still bad. the only new feature is touch id and while that owns its not enough to justify a new model

also the screen on the ipad mini (all of them) is really bad

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

its still bad. the only new feature is touch id and while that owns its not enough to justify a new model

also the screen on the ipad mini (all of them) is really bad

i didn't need the extra (forced) 32gb and i sure as gently caress wasn't paying an extra £120 on a £270 iPad for touch id, though i do keep pressing the home button and leaving my finger there, staring in vain as it does precisely nothing.

wtf is meant to be wrong with the screen? is this some iyg spec sheet comparison poo poo because it looks fine

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it

pram posted:

Hyper card was rly cool and something windows users never got to experience

It was the predecessor to cyber bullying. Just far too easy to make cartoons of classmates .

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

shitface posted:

i didn't need the extra (forced) 32gb and i sure as gently caress wasn't paying an extra £120 on a £270 iPad for touch id, though i do keep pressing the home button and leaving my finger there, staring in vain as it does precisely nothing.

wtf is meant to be wrong with the screen? is this some iyg spec sheet comparison poo poo because it looks fine

idk what you're doing with it but touch id almost always works for me, its actually really good compared to other fingeerprint readers i've had to use

the screen is bad compared to all of the other ipad models which usually have really great screens. the color accuracy and viewing angles on the mini models are garbage but i guess its not really something the typical buyer would really weigh vs. "its a tiny ipad wooo!!"

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
lotta ipad chat in this classic mac thread :toughguy:

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

idk what you're doing with it but touch id almost always works for me, its actually really good compared to other fingeerprint readers i've had to use

the screen is bad compared to all of the other ipad models which usually have really great screens. the color accuracy and viewing angles on the mini models are garbage but i guess its not really something the typical buyer would really weigh vs. "its a tiny ipad wooo!!"

nah, you misunderstand. touchid works perfectly on my 5s and i've totally gotten used to the convenience, that's why i keep sitting with my finger on the iPad 2

sa for colour accuracy i don't really give a gently caress and how are viewing angles even a thing on a tiny tablet meant to be used by one person? though i did just casually inspect the lock screen at 0 to 90 degrees and it looks pretty much exactly the same

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

lotta ipad chat in this classic mac thread :toughguy:

hey i used a mac before os x. don't oppress me man

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

getting back on topic, what are some cool classic programs i should check out

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Forums Terrorist posted:

escape velocity

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Forums Terrorist posted:

fixing the thing up and then selling it to some moron. then download one of the hard drive images for an emulator that have all the worthwhile software/games

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

graph posted:

escape velocity

ev nova works on modern pcs and macs, also there are plugins to make it ev Classic and override ( the best ev :3: emalgha :3: )

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Forums Terrorist posted:

bolo

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Elder Postsman posted:

ev nova works on modern pcs and macs, also there are plugins to make it ev Classic and override ( the best ev :3: emalgha :3: )

wooden spaecships

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Wulfolme posted:

wooden spaecships

cisco made a wood space ship

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Forums Terrorist posted:

robowars

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

graph posted:

escape velocity

also apeiron

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

also apeiron

and barrack

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

basically anything ambrosia.

remember maelstrom. dang. that was THE poo poo back in 1993.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i liked swoop a lot

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Math blaster.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

Math blaster.

nice edutainment you queer rear end mofo. ever heard of mechwarrior?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

sounds cool, but how much math does it blast?

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

cliche, but marathon

and pathways into darkness

crystal crazy is good too. BLUM

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sudo Echo posted:

crystal crazy is good too. BLUM

i only ever played crystal quest

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

i only ever played crystal quest

pretty much the same one was later and color? don't remember honestly

edit: yeah crazy was the sequel to quest. it had the superior sound effects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUDOQ883uLM

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Feb 10, 2015

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Elder Postsman posted:

remember maelstrom. dang. that was THE poo poo back in 1993.

with the army of darkness soundpack :black101:

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

I liked cythera a ton but I don't think that is a popular opinion

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

I liked cythera a ton but I don't think that is a popular opinion

not into squirting tbh

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

graph posted:

with the army of darkness soundpack :black101:

remember carrying little boxes of floppy disks to middle school to trade files with ur friends

:negative:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

I'm honesty not sure how people got a lot of that stuff back in the day. I mean I guess they could have downloaded stuff off aol at 9600 baud but dang.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

you paid your dad's friend who chain-smoked and drove a white van to pick up some bootlegs next time he was in dublin

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Elder Postsman posted:

I'm honesty not sure how people got a lot of that stuff back in the day. I mean I guess they could have downloaded stuff off aol at 9600 baud but dang.

magazines with demo CDs

also my stepdad worked at a university and sometimes i would go into work with him to use the fast T1 (!!!) connection

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

my grandpa was department head in geography so I got to use the Internet in 8th grade to do research for a report on lasers. also I got to borrow a big plug in laser to demonstrate in class. it owned.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Forums Terrorist posted:

ircle

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Elder Postsman posted:

remember carrying little boxes of floppy disks to middle school to trade files with ur friends

:negative:

our house had the only crapintosh so no

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

snak for life

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

yo ircle was and still is the best irc client ever made.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Elder Postsman posted:

yo ircle was and still is the best irc client ever made.

its true

also using the schools isdn afterhours to pingflood fuckers :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Elder Postsman posted:

my grandpa was department head in geography so I got to use the Internet in 8th grade to do research for a report on lasers. also I got to borrow a big plug in laser to demonstrate in class. it owned.

some kid in like 4th or 5th grade pulled this poo poo (not the internet part so much, but the laser part) and it got me heated af cuz he also won the halloween costume contest like every year

• Locked thread