Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shitface
Nov 23, 2006

i'm the huge shaft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Chris Knight posted:

proper FTP programs

proper FTP anything. lol

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

the ipad mini 2 is hilariously dumb

Smythe posted:

my mom wanted a mini b/c the big one didnt fit in her purse. thats teh use case i reckon

:colbert:

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

its still bad. the only new feature is touch id and while that owns its not enough to justify a new model

also the screen on the ipad mini (all of them) is really bad

i didn't need the extra (forced) 32gb and i sure as gently caress wasn't paying an extra £120 on a £270 iPad for touch id, though i do keep pressing the home button and leaving my finger there, staring in vain as it does precisely nothing.

wtf is meant to be wrong with the screen? is this some iyg spec sheet comparison poo poo because it looks fine

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

idk what you're doing with it but touch id almost always works for me, its actually really good compared to other fingeerprint readers i've had to use

the screen is bad compared to all of the other ipad models which usually have really great screens. the color accuracy and viewing angles on the mini models are garbage but i guess its not really something the typical buyer would really weigh vs. "its a tiny ipad wooo!!"

nah, you misunderstand. touchid works perfectly on my 5s and i've totally gotten used to the convenience, that's why i keep sitting with my finger on the iPad 2

sa for colour accuracy i don't really give a gently caress and how are viewing angles even a thing on a tiny tablet meant to be used by one person? though i did just casually inspect the lock screen at 0 to 90 degrees and it looks pretty much exactly the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

lotta ipad chat in this classic mac thread :toughguy:

hey i used a mac before os x. don't oppress me man

• Locked thread