Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

touhou confession:

the main reason i like touhou is the music, there are some really nice arranges/remixes of touhou music stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
dude knows his way around a soundcanvas

fun fact: he originally made the games to showcase his music because nobody gives a poo poo about chiptunes in a vacuum

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I've played a few Touhou games and they were fun SHMUPs. I also played 1942 and Raiden which were good shmups. You don't see dozens of MUGEN characters for Raiden though. Or cans of tea with Dodonpachi characters, or throw pillows with stupider versions of heads from Twinbee characters.

I don't understand why Touhou is so big or has its sticking power with Otaku culture. I get it Japanese nerds, you like colorful little girls. You've been on about that for years. Get over it and take your stupid Hatsune Mikus with you.
I guess that's not exactly fair, Otaku culture was big into half-RPG-monster-half-girls for a while, and in recent years it's been into half-WW2-machine-half-girls. Just more hosed up takes on little girls making the Goku-strong ones with TF2 hats not seem so bad.

Japanese nerd culture is bad. Thanks for reading.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Heran Bago posted:

I've played a few Touhou games and they were fun SHMUPs. I also played 1942 and Raiden which were good shmups. You don't see dozens of MUGEN characters for Raiden though. Or cans of tea with Dodonpachi characters, or throw pillows with stupider versions of heads from Twinbee characters.

I don't understand why Touhou is so big or has its sticking power with Otaku culture. I get it Japanese nerds, you like colorful little girls. You've been on about that for years. Get over it and take your stupid Hatsune Mikus with you.
I guess that's not exactly fair, Otaku culture was big into half-RPG-monster-half-girls for a while, and in recent years it's been into half-WW2-machine-half-girls. Just more hosed up takes on little girls making the Goku-strong ones with TF2 hats not seem so bad.

Japanese nerd culture is bad. Thanks for reading.

i want an opaopa doll

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Budohead posted:

like soku can be pretty fun in small doses but even that game is loving terrible

thanks for the opinion, yospos guy

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

Heran Bago posted:

I don't understand why Touhou is so big or has its sticking power with Otaku culture.

There's way many characters and they're all "whimsical supernatural prankster" with a different color scheme so you get to pick as many waifus as you want with little chance of stepping on your fag nerd friends' toes

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

thanks for the opinion, yospos guy

no prob ya TVIV slag

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Budohead posted:

like soku can be pretty fun in small doses but even that game is loving terrible

soku is a fun game. I should have not said it was a good game.

Mach2 posted:

the touhou franchise unironically has the best fangames of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_khJZ6mhik&t=89s

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

er, a fun game is a good game. the objective of videogames is to have fun

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Mach2 posted:

the touhou franchise unironically has the best fangames of all time

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

cirno vs cherno alpha

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Average Bear posted:

I'm the uhhhh anime girl with the weird hair haha

:lol:

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

So is there like, a Touhou universe but with dudes instead of chicks

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
It's called Jojos

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

cirno vs cherno alpha

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Kylra posted:

It's called Jojos

agreed

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

gay skull posted:

So is there like, a Touhou universe but with dudes instead of chicks

i was going to say cho aniki, but yeah, it's jojos

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Pewdiepie posted:

If you wouldn't make love to these blobby poorly drawn children then you are Gay.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

A Meat posted:

touhou confession:

the main reason i like touhou is the music, there are some really nice arranges/remixes of touhou music stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lejVOHYKORk

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Why does 10% of this forum and half of Games have an av that says Garbage Dick in 8bit?

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Thug Lessons posted:

Why does 10% of this forum and half of Games have an av that says Garbage Dick in 8bit?

only 10% of us have been infected with gaymer human being aids and we must purge them from our glorious forum

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

yes, a nice song

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Thug Lessons posted:

It;'s the new Stupid Newbie av.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Thug Lessons posted:

their pen0rs are made of trash

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

A Meat posted:

i was going to say cho aniki, but yeah, it's jojos

where does gold experience requiem end up on the touhou powerlevel chart

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Japan, I am ready to pay money for a JoJo shmup in the style of Touhou

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

touhowns

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

My PSO2 team leader's char is a 2HU and it's pretty drat adorable so I would have to say I am pro touhou.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

http://www.aids.gov

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

:cheers:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

toho games are bad and all the french failfags on shmupforum who pretend they ae good can go to hell

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

toho games are bad and all the french failfags on shmupforum who pretend they ae good can go to hell

i like the music

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*wistfully looks at the 3 terabyte hard drive full of touhou trance remixes made by akihabara pantshitters*

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the only game worse than touhou is probably ys because it is also french and indescribably retarded

demons.
Apr 20, 2012

the French are retarded , but also sexy, much like my beloved Touhou games

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

mysterious loyall X posted:

I thought shmupforum hated them because they were too easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like how many touhou characters are identifiable through silhouette

• Locked thread