Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Someone put this western garb out the airlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Littleshrimp is a human being

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Thug Lessons posted:

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
hurrr touhou hurrr *looks at calendar* oh my god

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Thug Lessons posted:

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

greetings littleshrimp

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

I just hosed a toho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Heran Bago posted:

I've played a few Touhou games and they were fun SHMUPs. I also played 1942 and Raiden which were good shmups. You don't see dozens of MUGEN characters for Raiden though. Or cans of tea with Dodonpachi characters, or throw pillows with stupider versions of heads from Twinbee characters.

I don't understand why Touhou is so big or has its sticking power with Otaku culture. I get it Japanese nerds, you like colorful little girls. You've been on about that for years. Get over it and take your stupid Hatsune Mikus with you.
I guess that's not exactly fair, Otaku culture was big into half-RPG-monster-half-girls for a while, and in recent years it's been into half-WW2-machine-half-girls. Just more hosed up takes on little girls making the Goku-strong ones with TF2 hats not seem so bad.

Japanese nerd culture is bad. Thanks for reading.

Lol. Caught you haven that faggy time cuz!! human being!!

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Littleshrimp is a cool person

*whiteknights*

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

realtalk even the easier difficulties of the actual touhou games are completely beyond me, what the hell happened to my reactions and Video Game Skills :(

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
stage memorization is a big part of it even on easy. The better you do the harder the games get, too, except for #11.

11 is just hard and exactly the same every time

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i find shot patterns to be really pretty and i like that a lot of them are really nonthreatening despite spanning 99% of the screen

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Doctor Goat posted:

i find shot patterns to be really pretty and i like that a lot of them are really nonthreatening despite spanning 99% of the screen

Yeah smoke weed and play toho on a big screen its pretty ace

We used to do this and watching other people play the stage helps at getting good at shmups

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Thug Lessons posted:

I think it's kind of nice. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Swelter Discharge posted:

greetings littleshrimp

gah!!!

• Locked thread