Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

I guess I'm in the minority for not really liking Entire History of You. I shouldn't say I didn't like it, but rather that I was disappointed by it. They set up this great premise that could be taken in any number of interesting directions, especially with the bit at the party about how redos could actually be faked, and then they do nothing with it. A guy figures out his wife cheated on him and the baby isn't his. He is sad. The end. I was just hoping they would do more with it.

my biggest issue with it was how the prior two episodes, the technology on blast was absolutely central to everything that happened. with The Entire History of You, the grains felt like a detached side plot more than anything to me.

People panic and obsess over relationships like that even without brain DVR, that exact scenario has happened millions off times in history except without being able to actually directly rewind and bathe in the memories. I kept expecting it to end with him being proven wrong and Fiona was not cheating on him, and he had let the technology rule his life and ruin it in the process. Instead, he is miserably sad because his partner cheated on him and he's been raising someone else's kid... but that seemed inevitable anyway, seeing how convinced he was of it even before he replayed the dinner party VoD.

that said, I thought the episode told the story so perfectly that I was locked in emotionally for every second of it and it hit me much harder than the other two did. now on to season 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Affi posted:

I absolutely hated 15 million merits in a good way. If that makes sense. I just felt so loving miserable about the world and life in general.

the intro makes it seem such a bleak world. nobody speaks for like ten minutes, we don't even know Bing's name until twenty minutes, everything in the physical world is gray despite the screen being blanketed in the artificial world's colors.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

alrighty, I just finished White Bear and I think I'd like some whisky now :stare:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Disharmony posted:

Are there any other anthology shows similar to this one? It doesn't have to be exactly techno-paranoia, just grim and somber in the vein of The Outer Limits and Twilight Zone but with little to no aliens.

Alfred Hitchcock Presents should be up your alley, I think its still on Netflix