Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat
America has Nancy Grace, who I imagine uses White Bear for masturbation viewing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Soiled Meat
Black Mirror is so drat good that I feel bad for pointing out its weaknesses, because at its weakest it still blows away most other tv drama and all current tv science fiction.

Can people recommend other shows or films that give some of the same sensations of existential dread and cultural panic that Black Mirror conveys? Doesn't need to be identical, but things that you might watch in the same sitting? It's old and a bit hokey but I found Ray Bradbury's The Illustrated Man gave some similar spooky vibes.

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Soiled Meat

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Watch Stalker by Andrei Tarkovsky. Thank me later.

Already a favourite, though now I wanna see if my local video rental has a Criterion copy or something similar in quality.

BSam posted:

I don't know if they're similar in the way you're describing but Inside Number 9 has a similar feel to it. Made by the guys behind Psychoville, who of course are half of The League of Gentlemen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urrhPYLP-eI

I've not heard of Inside No.9. Thanks for the tip!

Scut fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 7, 2014

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Soiled Meat

Vitamin P posted:

This fan made trailer for the first 3 episodes is pretty ace as well, presenting it all as one setting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jROLrhQkK78

This trailer is excellent. I love how it doesn't spoil the plots of any of the episodes.