Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

DXH posted:

Also, the whole offering residency to former colonial subjects thing is not as easy as it sounds. My lawyer told me that it would save me a lot of headache and heartache to just declare a civil union with my Spanish girlfriend than try to get legit residency using my Colombian passport, and even then, I must never declare that I am Colombian with a Spanish girlfriend; rather, I must say that I am an American with a Spanish girlfriend, otherwise Immigration will come round and ask for photos, documents, utility bills, interviews, etc. for "reasons."

I'm not sure but in this case it may be related to the current requirement of a Schengen visa for Peruvian and Colombian nationals, which isn't needed for citizens from other Iberoamerican countries.

Last news I heard was that the EU Parliament was in favor of lifting this restriction "soon".

Edit: link on the subject: http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-14-1208_en.htm

Ulvino fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread