Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Awesome, thanks for making this thread. Do you think Podemos will be able to maintain their lead as the most popular party until the next election?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The rise of Podemos really seems like the biggest and craziest shift in a western liberal democracy in a long, long time. I can't think of anything to compare it to. From an American perspective, it'd be like if Occupy Wall Street formed a political party and in less than a year it became more popular than both the Republicans and Democrats, which seems like an impossibility... although maybe if there was 25% unemployment. Does it seem that shocking in Spain? I was in Madrid the summer of the protests in puerta del sol and stumbled into a few of them and they didn't seem that different from Occupy.

If they're successful in the next election I could see it invigorating the entirety of the European left.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Looks like Podemos has secured its lead for now.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

• Locked thread