Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
vamos IU, arriba cayo lara, tercera ya imo. Podemos is also Cool and Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Podemos is going to loving crush it in the elections in Andalucía, especially if IU makes a strategic deal with them. I'm excited as all hell

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Xibanya posted:

Yes but if you've never seen the reality of a cured pig leg just hanging out in the kitchen it's quite different to actually see it from imagine it.

I ended up on local Spanish news in Ávila once because I attended the matanza of a village and my friend's mom grabbed the reporter and was like "there's an American here!!!!"

I told them we don't have matanzas in America and it would actually be quite shocking as most Americans don't think about where their meat comes from and then me and the reporter agreed that was a shame.

My claim to Spanish fame.

No wait, actually once I was in the same elevator as Carlos Baute. But I didn't say anything to him.

I spent a night getting drinks and tapas with Jordi Évole, it was as great as you can imagine. ps. everyone watch every episode of Salvados, it's incredible. no english subs afaik anywhere though if that's a problem

the full episodes are all on laSexta/atres media. in recent years it's been much more heavily focused on local politicians and the economy but there are a ton of classic episodes. the three they did in america (immigration with joe arpaio, gay rights, and the phelps family) are insanely good. here's part of another all-time classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97v5TtnDY7w

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 8, 2014

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Lamadrid posted:

To illustrate the amount of communication between society and government , the employment ministers has never been interview by the press in the past two years and one year in the case of the vice president.This is not the most shameful thing tho , the primer minister don Mariano Rajoy gave a press conference through a plasma TV to a room full of reporters.No questions to a tv were allowed.The last part is unusual because usually every press conference has a round of agreed upon questions with the leading right wing garbage.And speaking of the devil:

http://www.abc.es/espana/20141208/abci-presos-podemos-201412072211.html

This is the front page of the leading rancid right wing newspaper in Spain.
PODEMOS IS ETA !! TERRORISM!!

And this is Madrid's public television.
This might strike as stupid or even illegal but this is spain,plebs obey the wishes of their superior overlords and only think whatever it is ordered .This attitude is the norm not the exception.

How the gently caress did you manage to do that ? Between the GDT's and the this your life seems really interesting.

nice seeing you in here cabrón :hfive: my friend is a journalist in egypt and lebanon and was in madrid for a media conference, so we spent the week hanging out in our free time and I tagged along to the conference with him. jordi and his production team were looking into doing an episode about lebanon and refugees and he ran into my buddy and I at the conference which led to us talking business over drinks and eventually just charlando y tapeando toda la noche. he's as cool a dude as you'd expect. he's pretty much an open book on salvados and he's no different in person. it was basically sheer luck and one of the coolest experiences of my life, he's been a hero of mine for a long time and salvados has been one of my favorite tv shows in any language since I came across it in 2008.

Back on topic, ABC is is a shitrag and it's depressing how many people view it as on par with el país, but I guess it's no different than people in the US who think the wall street journal is somehow free of all bias. even our "leftist" papers like the NYT or WP are centrist or center-right at best these days, just be glad Spain still has an actual strong leftist movement; the US abandoned any semblance of contrasting options or opinions in politics and media a long time ago. I mean, we do have a choice, it's just between center-right, extreme right, or tea party. :smith:

And on that coño Rajoy, among other things that infuriate me about him: the way he and the PP in general escaped any semblance of punishment for Gürtel. Or for anything at all, ever. ¡Tercera ya! con Pablo Iglesias, juez Garzón, Cayo Lara y Jordi como ministerios. :unsmigghh:

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 9, 2014

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Lamadrid posted:

By the way it seems the greek stock exchange is losing 10% due to "fears of Siriza" more fuel for the usual anti podemos fire.

it's hard for me to judge since I'm not over there and my friends are of a similar political leaning, but is the anti-Podemos propaganda carrying much weight at all with the general public? because no one I know is buying any of that poo poo.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Yeah I saw Iglesias' talk with Correa (Evole was actually present there too and did a piece on it iirc), it was interesting. Correa was on Charlie Rose here in the US and Rose was, unsurprisingly, an absolute prick to him.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

At least Spain offers citizenship to its former colonies, the US seems to go out of its way to gently caress over indigenous peoples both within and outside our borders. from my perspective racism seems to be on the decline in ES, but it's hard for me to tell since I'm lucky enough to have tolerant friends and family so I don't hear sudaca this or gitano that almost ever with them. but my last few times over there I noticed I didn't hear it as much with people outside my social circle either, so I'm curious if things are actually getting better (ie. in the US use of "retard" has gone down dramatically and almost disappeared from pop culture entirely in the past couple of years, same with calling things gay). or maybe people are just learning from americans and getting better at dogwhistle language to hide their racism :911:

Xibanya posted:

Later tonight when I get home I'll start posting some El Jueves. It's the best news periodical in the Iberian peninsula! :v:

I have their camiseta for the selección de la republica española! it's one of my favorite jerseys and when I wore it during a world cup game I got high fives from some rad expats, it's the best way to meet the best spaniards

e:

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Dec 10, 2014

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

Native Americans within the United States are citizens? I don't understand your specific complaint here.

I'm saying, as flawed of a system as it is currently, at least Spain has provisions for people in former colonies to become Spanish citizens with the benefits that entails (healthcare, schooling, etc). In the US our indigenous peoples are treated like garbage. Yeah, they have citizenship, but the entire reservation system is a loving disgrace; Pine Ridge is worse off than a number of 3rd world countries. Our funding of programs to help native communities are a joke, even by American standards of social welfare. Spain makes a token effort (and occasionally more), USA is "lol gently caress you"

Also DXH's post above on racism is pretty much exactly how I'd describe the difference between Spanish and American racism and how hard it can be to explain the differences to people from one country about how it is in the other

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 11, 2014

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Looks like Podemos has secured its lead for now.

:toot:

tercera ya :getin:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_2vC0y7Dtw

y el otro claro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGngjaclMwI

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

ya casi llega la hora de las elecciones municipales. Que aguirre vaya a la chingada, ¡vamos manuela!

• Locked thread