Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

all the stages have alternate challenges I think. plus playing for speed will be fun.

Not if there's no leaderboards which if the other Nintendo games are an indication, does not seem likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That said, according to GB Dan didn't even seem to notice that there were probably other collectible things for speed clears.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

got to play 8 levels of this but have to turn in early tonight; big day tomorrow

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

did those giant bomb punks mention...this?!!

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

lmao

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

really like the gameplay but really not enough content for the asking price

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this is a bad time to be a broke rear end punk gamer who doesn't have a wii u

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

35 dollars for a 5 hour game

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

sorry, 40 dollars, haha

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

i just remmebered that splatoon is $59.99 and laughed really hard

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Scyther posted:

The hosed up thing is this is starting to be a good deal in today's economy.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

did those giant bomb punks mention...this?!!

yeah. it's a pretty strange bonus. there's not much to do, you can't jump, and you're slow as gently caress. I dunno why those levels are there.

there's a lot of desktop potential here

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Butt Ghost posted:

yeah. it's a pretty strange bonus. there's not much to do, you can't jump, and you're slow as gently caress. I dunno why those levels are there.

Because they already exist, completely playable on the engine already.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

but, like, why even bother putting in the manpower of implementing them?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Butt Ghost posted:

because there is no manpower

its padding for little to no work

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

What I would guess happened is after the game was content complete (as in, they had designed and coded most or all of the levels), they still had some space on the disc and maybe one or two developers spent a couple of days maximum getting these stages on there and working. That kind of thing can happen a lot in software development. It's actually the reason Galaxy 1 had those storybook segments - a few people did that completely on their own and then presented it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Butt Ghost posted:

because it takes zero effort and its not like other levels wouldve gotten in instead

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

its like the clone characters in smash. its not like goku was gonna make it if they left out dr mario. it was either dark pit or nothing

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

all I said was just that they were pointless and boring and I didn't understand the inclusion of those levels. I didn't say anything about it taking up a "level slot"

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

http://captaintoad.nintendo.com/assets/pdf/ToadBrigadeAdventureKit.pdf

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Butt Ghost posted:

all I said was just that they were pointless and boring and I didn't understand the inclusion of those levels. I didn't say anything about it taking up a "level slot"

they're just a bonus for having 3d world save data. I enjoyed running around super bell hill as the capt.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I, Tender Bender, do solemnly promise...

Neither Goombas nor Magikoopas nor large, annoying birds shall stay me from the swift collection of Power Stars.

Furthermore, I shall race into the cruel maw of danger with strength and courage, unless I'm busy.

Let my headlamp be a beacon of hope in a super scary universe.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I shouldnt of traded in mario 3d world

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Hey whats the amiibo compatibility

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Hey whats the amiibo compatibility

to be patched in later

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Does anyone know what they will do

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I want that laminated

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Nintendo is so drat epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If I was eligible for the Make A Wish foundation I would wish to be 11 years old again, and have all the newest Nintendo stuff, forever

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Holy crap this game is charming. That winter train level, drat

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 6, 2014

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Scyther posted:

Scyther posted:

sorry, 40 dollars, haha

idk if this game is any good, but I'd rather have a good 5-hour game for $40 than a lovely 50-hour game for $10

honestly, I'd rather have a good 5-hour game than a good 50-hour game. it is nice to have games that I can finish in a reasonable amount of time

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

idk if this game is any good, but I'd rather have a good 5-hour game for $40 than a lovely 50-hour game for $10

honestly, I'd rather have a good 5-hour game than a good 50-hour game. it is nice to have games that I can finish in a reasonable amount of time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HSoSBle8AQ

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
hes right though. think of how many lovely 50+hour games you own on steam but will never play.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Wormskull posted:

If I was eligible for the Make A Wish foundation I would wish to be 11 years old again, and have all the newest Nintendo stuff, forever

It was cool as hell opening up my Wii U box for the first time as a gamer adult... Nintendo products warm my hart.

I probably won't be getting this game unless it drops to like 20 dollars however.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Im getting it for Xmas.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

bonzibuddy64 posted:

hes right though. think of how many lovely 50+hour games you own on steam but will never play.

I think you can only own morrowind once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

zen death robot posted:

I don't make a habit of buying lovely 50 hour games op

uhh okay, don't know why you specified me, the OP, in that statement.

• Locked thread