Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Neo Rasa posted:

If you know more about Bale possibly effecting the course of the movie do you have a link or anything to post?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2009/05/08/film-us-terminator-idUKTRE5476A020090508

They asked Bale to be Marcus, Bale decided he wanted to be John Connor, then Bale decided they needed to rewrite the script so that he would be as important as the main character rather than play the role he demanded he have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

A shocking role reversal, that.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You two could be lithium buddies. Everything's easier with someone to hold you accountable.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm pretty sure his lack of eyebrows is accomplished with makeup. IIRC you can sort of notice it looking off at a couple of points, I want to say when he's in the parking lot looking back and forth from within the police car and when he's approaching the other Sarah Connor.

I found I really noticed it when they showed him in profile. The prosthetic that covers them makes his brow jut out much further than normal, but you can't really tell when you look head-on.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Lurdiak posted:

The character of Marcus Wright was terrible to begin with.

Demanding to play a different character than you are offered and then demanding you be in the movie more is also terrible.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Guy A. Person posted:

All of these things can be explained by the timeline changing when Reese went back and told Sarah about the future, causing her to become a survivalist nut job. Like presumably in the original timeline, Sarah was just some waitress who got knocked up and John led a normal although maybe disadvantaged life. By T2 Sarah is in a literal mental institution for a terrorist attack and John is in a foster home until more future machines come and kill them and totally gently caress with his life; it is no wonder he was a messed up kid who eventually ended up homeless.

Alternatively, in the original timeline, Kyle Reese could have been sent back by someone else entirely or even a human that Skynet dropped through its time portal to see if it worked and John Connor didn't exist at all.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Lurdiak posted:

I think Skynet doesn't want to risk killing so many humans that it never gets created. Obviously if its goal was just to kill all humans, it'd go back to like caveman times and kill every ape it sees.

I always thought that the reason it went after Sarah Connor was that it saw removing her, and only her, as the way with the most limited possibility to impact the timeline. The implication is that Skynet has determined that the killing of a waitress in 1980s Los Angeles by some presumably unknown assailant isn't even going to register.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Yeah, but she's wrong about a ton of other things in T2, so why not that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Young Freud posted:

I forget, wasn't more like Rachel Summers helped send Kitty mentally back because she was the only one left alive that could use to communicate to the past?

Rachel can send her thoughts back in time to an earlier version of herself. She wants to send herself to stop the Sentinels but she was still a baby when all the bad poo poo went down so she couldn't warn anyone. Eventually she figures out how to send someone else and does, exactly like they have Kitty do in the movie.

• Locked thread