Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Pops Ghostly posted:

If it aint Cameron, it aint Terminator.

Are you going into the new Star Wars movies with the same opinion? This mindset is almost as childish as xenomrph's "EVERYTHING IS CANON AND ANYTHING WITH TERMINATORS/ALIENS/PREDATORS IS A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH, INCLUDING MY SELF-INSERTED SLASH FIC AND THE BIG TITTY ANIME STATUES WITH TERMINATOR/ALIEN/PREDATOR HEADS SWAPPED ONTO THEM WHICH ADORN MY SINGLE BEDROOM APARTMENT."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sockser posted:

Hey gang. I just watched T5. I thought it was pretty good and I'm bummed that ticket sales were poo poo so we'll never know where pops came from.

Also I've been half-following this thread and I have zero idea what the gently caress SMG is talking about in any post here.

That's too bad. There's some really interesting stuff in there if you're actually interested in the art of storytelling and themes and pretty much the base instincts that exist in all man.

It's much more intellectually stimulating than xenomrph's posts, which pretty much amount to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU-geUcA77c&t=22s

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH hahahaha hahahah hahaha haha hheheehhehehehe haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Man that was a great joke post

Classic atheist response.

Network Pesci posted:

Xenomrph's posts are intellectually honest though, which is far more important.

There's nothing intellectually honest about that guys posts. They drip of desperation and denial, and end up reading like ocd ramblings of a person who needs to fit every piece of a puzzle into its exact proper place, and if it doesn't fit the exact way he wants it, he'll cut off the corners to make it fit.

There's nothing interesting about his 2+2=4 logic because movies aren't math and there's more to the art of storytelling than the same stupid c-word bullshit, but if you like hearing the same boring "hey didja know" trivia that keeps getting repeated in these threads, by all means. I personally like going into movies with a different mindset when watching something for the 182nd time.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 25, 2015

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Well considering the lifetime trophy for that is on my mantle it would be a waste of time.

No days off my friend.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

Xenomorph likes a thing you guys don't, and you're all super mad about it.

I like these movies without making excuses for them. I can enjoy them and interpret them in a myriad of ways because I am a person who enjoys exercising my brain and can recognize that these movies are also written by people with the same level of critical thinking.

I don't have to justify continuity and alternate timelines and whatever other dumb poo poo guys like xeno get hung up on. I don't have to break out my embarrassing fanfic and comic book collection to make sense of a movie that has enough content to stand on its own.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MrMojok posted:

Xeno gets no small amount of poo poo from a lot of people here, and is always pretty calm and level-headed in his responses to their attacks. It really makes the attacking cunts lose their minds, which is glorious.

I'm not losing my mind, I just like being creative when insulting people on the Internet. It's more clever than just calling people cunts, you should try it sometime.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

There is nothing clever about any of your posts in this thread.

Pretty clever response.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

SMG's posts are great because he stands by his statements and expounds upon them instead of shrugging his shoulders and saying "well I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree" followed by a variation of :shobon:

Now let me explain to you why Lady Terminator needs to be worked into James Cameron's lore.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 27, 2015

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I think your just a oval office

You're.

e: also,

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Burkion posted:

What about his oval office

It's a metaphor for the alien life cycle and how it relates to the cyclical discussion in these threads.

Oh wait, I thought this was the Prometheus thread. That's senility for you.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 28, 2015

• Locked thread