Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sasquatch! posted:

Christian Bale was either boring or screaming

Literally all I can remember from his performance is when he's letting the hybrid Terminator guy sneak off and then suddenly screams out of nowhere, "WHAT ARE YOU?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

I was a tester on the lovely tie-in game to Salvation, by the way. It's a prequel, where John learns to be kind of a leader and recruits isolated survivors into the resistance. And despite sucking really hard, its story is probably more interesting than the movie's.

To Salvation's credit it's still not as bad as the Terminator/RoboCop: Kill Human comic from a couple years ago. I actually got mad by how bad the story was in that.

Not to be confused with Frank Miller's RoboCop vs. Terminator, which is the best poo poo ever.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Vintersorg posted:

Crews blamed the situation on too many cooks.

Smarf, no!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Here's the best thing to come out of Salvation.

Oh, and the third best Terminator movie is definitely Wayne's World.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Shadoer posted:

Reese is the genius of Cameron. He contrasts our lovely LA without hope... with a shittier future where everything is destroyed. He get's us to know Reese and we see that he's broken... he been a soldier his entire life and doesn't know anything else. His biggest relationship to date with a woman has been a picture of Sarah Conner that was given to him which he creeped on so much he decided to go back in time just to meet her... that's really loving creepy btw.

A couple years ago Zack Whedon did a comic called Terminator 2029, focusing on Kyle's best friend Ben that calls this out. There's a scene where he sees Kyle staring at the photo, snatches it away and finds out who it is.

Ben: How the hell did you get a picture of Sarah Connor?
Kyle: John gave it to me.
Ben: John Connor? All-powerful leader of the resistance, John Connor? When?
Kyle: Years ago.
*Ben just silently stares at him*
Ben: He gave you a picture of his mom?
Kyle: Yeah, hand it over.
*Ben gives it back*
Ben: That's the creepiest thing I've ever heard.

• Locked thread