Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Twelve by Pies posted:

I hope that plants gain sentience in the future because then that would make it morally okay to eat meat again.

Plants feel pain though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
If you can eat meat without killing something why wouldn't you? Like drat, meat is really good.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

eSports Chaebol posted:

I feel like I probably should be a vegetarian but am too lazy, but if/when vat grown meat is a viable thing I'd certainly eat it and encourage others to do so as well to the exclusion of eating animals, yeah.

If your not ok with killing an animal but still eat meat that's actually super hosed up.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I think if your against killing animals for meat and still eat meat that's a fundamental betrayal of yourself.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Do you eat the meat even though you think its wrong?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm not okay with killing animals yet I leave out poison traps for ants, bug zappers on my porch, and don't think twice about burning yellow jacket nests, am I fundamentally betraying myself?

Also it sounds like your ok with killing bugs which I'm all for.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
So your ok with killing animals then.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Main Paineframe posted:

So, what, robots aren't deserving of personhood, even though they are potentially more intelligent than any animal can ever be?

Robots are a dude in a box reading out answers and it's weird that people don't get this.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Nonsense posted:

Ignore your post?

In all seriousness though, eating meat in North America is a religious experience, and will never change.

Also other animals are more important, and cool, literally, than war-making apes.

Eat apes.

Yeah other animals might be more important but what are they going to do about it, nothing, because they are stupid animals and exists only because we choose to let them.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Mankind is a direct result of the natural processes of life, the fact that we haven't burnt earth to a crisp yet is because of conscious effort.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Nonsense posted:

I'd say African poachers deserve to be flayed and their villages burned to the ground wholesale without any verification of who is involved, but then I am a stupid animal :).

No, your a living breathing person with his own mind and opinions and I also disagree with burning african villages to the ground.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
We are way smarter than all those other animals though.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I agree severely mentally retarded people are no better than animals.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
*uses a sliding scale to determine your person tier* Sorry, your a monkey now.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

blowfish posted:

I find that insulting to retards :iamafag:

This unironically.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Xibanya posted:

I think we can all agree - gently caress wasps.

But seriously I'm positive all mammals feel the same basic emotions - fear, surprise, anger, joy, sadness, and disgust (and various combinations of them.) For that reason, if you have a choice between being a dick to a mammal and not being a dick to a mammal, don't be a dick.

I'm still going to eat them.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Xibanya posted:

Won't it sting your mouth? :v:

Sorry I was referring to mammals we normal eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I think killing a monkey is hosed so I wont eat one. I'm ok with killing a cow so I would eat it.

• Locked thread