Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I'm a bit more sensitive to the whole slaughtering elephants and rhinoceros actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

Define conscious. What if I say a turtle isn't conscious? Or a rat? Or a cat? Or an infant human? What are you going to use as a foundation for disagreeing with me, other than "they're larger, less annoying, and are easier for me to anthropomorphize"? Where are you going to draw the line? What criterion are you going to use to draw that line?

Ignore your post?

In all seriousness though, eating meat in North America is a religious experience, and will never change.

Also other animals are more important, and cool, literally, than war-making apes.

Eat apes.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

drilldo squirt posted:

Yeah other animals might be more important but what are they going to do about it, nothing, because they are stupid animals and exists only because we choose to let them.

I'd say African poachers deserve to be flayed and their villages burned to the ground wholesale without any verification of who is involved, but then I am a stupid animal :).

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

drilldo squirt posted:

No, your a living breathing person with his own mind and opinions and I also disagree with burning african villages to the ground.

I'm just really mad about elephant killings, because they might be too stupid to defend themselves, but they certainly act like defeated human beings after the trauma.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Iowa Snow King posted:

Jesus christ this thread

Animals are things, with human feelings, emotions and super powers.

• Locked thread