Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well that, and the fact that even a simple game like Catan can be very intimidating and frightening to most audiences. The stereotype of the " " " modern" " " board game that takes forever to learn, has a million cards/pieces/extra rules, goes on for hours, and isn't all that fun does exist for a reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWaeFHi80ZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oOD9U9VQ5Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqDyBCJcM9w

There's also that weird truth that unless you have a lot of open minds in your wider friend groups and/or go seek out shops/conventions, learning a cool new game usually leaves you with only you and maybe your friends who both know the game and actively want to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Not really dumb. The Venn Diagram of people who love the military and love Halo is nearly a perfect circle. It's gauche but it hits the target.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Len posted:

Was Twitter always used as a substitute for blogs or is that a recent thing?

Trump sadly helped solidify it as expected even though the format is absolutely garbage for longform stuff.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

She's also the only person I know who unironically loves Ready Player One.
I met exactly one other person like this who didn't seem to notice anything vapid or vacuous about it, on a sincere level. They were the same people who lied to their wife for 2+ years about being trans while they "got their poo poo together," ripped off multiple businesses wholesale out of raw entitlement, and was known for targeting individuals with heavy codependent tendencies for recruitment into their professional and personal network. They worked in Human Resources.

Being glib, maybe RPO is a decent litmus test for ASPD.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I liked The Fifth Element when I watched it, but now I have a hard time not associating it with Luc Besson's creepiness.
Sometimes humor isn't just "French" and it's important to learn that distinction.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I mean the dude is willing to let stuntwomen amputate themselves and then do what he can to avoid paying their bills. He must really care about her.

Still better than the loving pedo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Watching a Social Distortion concert on YouTube and what do I see?

An ad for Nickelback.

Unsure if I’m old or young at this point.

E: another for Shinedown. Am I trapped in the 90s?

Old. Also yeah we're almost in the 00s curve not looking forward to the gelled hair.