Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Depends on if gig workers even count as employed. They should but they might fall under self employed instead of regular employed and I don't know how that interacts with this data. People taking multiple gig work jobs may only count as one job since it's all self employed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

We could get reenactors, real hardcore fuckers to live in like historically accurate conditions, make it educational.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The delineation between big cats and regular cats is pretty simple, big cats roar, regular cats meow. Cheetahs are thus the biggest regular cats.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SpacePig posted:

Does that make bobcats the smallest Big Cat?

Common misconception, bobcats don't roar. They make chittering sounds like when your housecat sees a bird outside. The smallest big cat is a kind of leopard.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sometimes animals do that, they see a human in distress and try to protect them. Most commonly with dolphins but there are stories of other animals coming to the rescue, usually pack animals.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's a good dog, sorry for your loss.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Been awhile since I've seen a Cat. Most of the equipment around here is old Deere cast offs.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Jesus Christ what kind of a monster declaws a mountain lion? Crippling one of nature's perfect killing machines is like painting over the Mona Lisa. To say nothing of the pain they've inflicted on a wild animal for man's hubris.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Shouldn't have stopped in lion country.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

No you just have a lovely friend. Podcasts don't have that kind of money.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It does and it's horrifying because people just take their fetishes and dial them up to 11.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The longer the piece of writing is the more likely the AI will make a severely noticeable mistake like repeating itself or making grammatical or spelling errors or just plain making poo poo up out of thin air like fake citations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I've not known a grade school student to issue a fake citation, no.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ChatGPT can't parse image files so they probably just malformed the prompt. I don't know why they used ChatGPT instead of just typing out a product name, it would probably be the same amount of work.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah but not everyone can emulate for technical reasons. Having another option helps out normies and those poor souls.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Cowslips Warren posted:

I like the red lantern that was a stray cat.

He wasn't always a stray cat, had a loving home until jerks killed his caretaker. Got revenge but was still angry so kept being a red lantern.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There's a lot of dumb in comic books.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It was both.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

gently caress that's not what the gameplay is for that game, like not at all.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Most of the time they do, I don't know what's with this sudden swerve into crap.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This makes sense, any halfway decent marketing team with an art budget can fake gameplay footage. And it explains why these mechanics are never actually in the games advertised.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I remember they eventually had to install a widget at the customer service desks which could remove that album because so many people complained they didn't want it in their iTunes library, let alone on a device.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

First and last time anybody did something like it. Apples U2 album is a text book case of marketing gently caress up now.

Edit: gotta say kudos to their network team though, entire userbase spent the better part of the day trying to download one album over their network and very few outages. Which just made things worse as everyone got their album on time.

Kwyndig has a new favorite as of 19:17 on Feb 4, 2024

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah that's right, shame them where it hurts, their pocketbook. If they get bad weird of mouth that says don't buy Product, it's cheap and lovely, they'll have to spend even more on advertising to improve their brand image. Which, if they spend money on AI art instead of traditional media, will just drive them further down the hole. Eventually they'll learn or the limits of your influence will be reached.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That would just be equivalent of setting your prices in buttcoin and not adjusting them as the exchange rate changes.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's right up there with the German Terry Pratchett soup ad in Discworld.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Eat out to help out was the dumbest loving thing, it was the middle of the pandemic and instead of encouraging everyone to stay at home and issuing tax credits or grants to restaurants to keep paying their staff during the slump they decided to issue coupons that would basically encourage everybody to go out and start a million super spreader events.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The McDonald's around here is just transitioning to a no straw where possible policy. Freaked me out the first time I got one of those coffee cup lids on my soda and no straw.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Full body deodorant is a chemical you slather over your body and don't wash off. As such it's different than plain old soap and water.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

But then you can't slurp your noodles! That's one of the little joys in life.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ice is messy

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Where'd they find 610 people dumb enough to say they support surge pricing, silicon valley?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Let's just say I don't trust opinion polls because only freaks want to spend their time answering weird questions from survey people.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

My local Burger King has electronic menu boards, and yes they play ads for sandwiches.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Just none of them are made by Bethesda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Perestroika posted:

And kinda what adds insult to injury is that the ad is not even for anything particularly new or better. It's pretty much just the same pad as always except somewhat slimmer, which is arguably a change for the worse.

But it's the thinnest iPad ever don't you get it. Sure that means a child can probably break it chucking it around, but thin! Thinness is better! Sure the battery life is exactly the same as the last iPad because they used the better battery tech to make a better battery and the new chip tech to make a more efficient processor which could have resulted in a longer battery life if everything had stayed the same size, but THIN! Also the movement of the camera in the pursuit of thinness prevents it from working with existing Apple Pencils and only new Apple Pencils are compatible with it (and not compatible with older iPad models) but motherfucking THIN!