Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Das Boo posted:

I really want to believe at least one parent has had it inching closer and closer to their kid's bed. On Christmas the kid wakes up and it's on the bedside table, staring him in the face.

The book was published in 2004, right? We've had an almost identical elf for almost forty years. It was "Santa's elf," it has its own blanket and pillow that hang on the tree. Mostly its job is to fill the elf baskets, little knit baskets that hang on the tree, with a piece of candy, like a couple of Hershey's Kisses or something like that. In the morning, the kids come down and get their candy, and the elf is under the tree, napping. They put it back on the mantle or shelves or wherever they want to put it, and it goes back to delivering candy the next night. We had a candy elf, not a stalker elf.

My parents told us that it was a trainee elf learning how to deliver presents so it can help Santa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Unsure where you're at but here in FL WaWas have sprung up across from every other 7/11 for the past couple years. I had no idea what they were prior to their arrival and now I don't go anywhere else! Of course my friend's finance from Philly says they're no comparison to Sheets, whatever THOSE are!

Sheetz. And she's wrong.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Rough Lobster posted:

Who the hell rolls up their pants legs?

One gang signifier is which pants leg you have rolled up, so it is (was, I haven't worked in that area in a few years) an inner-city style.