Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Christ, I'm in stitches. I thought I was just being a typical brit thinking that was weird.

Also, naming loads of foreign food places to prove your local food isn't bland is kinda stupid. Lots of curries were invented in the UK, for instance, but that isn't what people think about when they complain about "english food" is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Garrand posted:

Duke Cannon hails from a simpler time.

...please tell me this is satire.

...please. Oh god. It isn't is it?

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Krispy Wafer posted:

Wait, they’re giving people who can’t get the box sets something even rarer in in addition to a full refund?

It’s a fuckup, no doubt, but that seems like a generous consolation prize.

I don't think they can play the game with them. But given they got refunds too....

I mean, get a refund and nothing else and you still can't complain.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Shut up Meg posted:

loving great, thanks.

I found the non-instagram one for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2t7lknrK28

So my close friends wife works in marketing for Pelaton...

I think she's pretty new, wasn't involved in that campaign and thought it was awful.

Either way I just sent her Reynolds ad. That's amazing.

Edit: "come play my lord" was definitely Evony.

Roblo has a new favorite as of 19:09 on Dec 7, 2019

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

hyperhazard posted:

My husband was looking online for a cleaning product for woodworking. And that's how we discovered sawdust-scented soap.

Well. Sawdust is a pretty nice smell, so ok? Not as if Sandalwood hasn't been a fairly well known fragrance for a long time.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

sweeperbravo posted:

My slow brain came up with Before Baba Yaga, but upon consideration does BBY=Before Baby Yoda :allears:

Unfortunately not. Before the Battle of Yavin.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Alhazred posted:

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=no&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fmelkoghonning.no%2Fraser-mot-iskrem-selger-dette-er-ufin-markedsforing%2F
Norwegian ice cream shop posts pictures of a minor employee on instagram and tries to defend it as a creative decision.

It does clarify that she's actually 20, not 17.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Piss Meridian posted:

wtf, I love art now

Yeh I guess I was being overly generous to the creepy Norwegian ice cream people.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

If it tricks people into staying hydrated and consuming in an environmentally friendly way, I can only say:

I don't think there is anything environmentally friendly about drinking water out of cans.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Der Kyhe posted:

Countries which are not 3rd world dumpsites recycle 75% of their aluminum cans, and EU is pushing this number towards 100%.

It still uses a load of energy, and is entirely pointless.

And those figures are very likely overstated.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I'm so glad Mulan is bombing, even in China.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

How did they mess it up this time?

They filmed in areas where the Chinese government is currently committing genocide. And thanked the authorities in those areas in the credits. The lead actress has also gone out of her way to praise the Chinese governments handling of Hong Kong.

It's also apparently a poo poo, unnneeded remake.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Len posted:

It's an exercise bike with a subscription program to spin classes so yes that's absolutely it

It's an incredibly expensive exercise bike with a subscription program to spin classes*

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Somfin posted:

What do these people think politics is

SJW's. The gay agenda. Having women in video games.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

pretty soft girl posted:

Obvious bullshit and factual errors aside, I have concerns for the safety of anyone who sees synthwave neckbeard mohawk Ken here and thinks "BADASS" but they were probably gonna get their head dunked in a toilet regardless

I'm pretty sure getting hit by that pudgy fist is actually going to be comfortable.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

Shai-Hulud posted:

"Our cars still start after not running for a day" is not exactly a high bar to clear Chevy...

Boy do I hate Top Gear but their testing of that Toyota Hilux blows that out of the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

fisting by many posted:

American phone numbers weren't really meant for security or identity verification -- assigning a mobile phone number to a different SIM card can be done freely by any level 1 telecom agent, which means if "receiving a message at a given phone number" is securing something important, it's vulnerable to one frontline agent being social engineered (or paid off).

Since this is a problem, you can now tell your telecom companies "please don't give my number to some random person who asked without making super duper sure it's me first", and they might listen to you.

Yo what the gently caress? This seems a bit daft?

Mind you it might be the case everywhere and I'm just Clueless. But yeh this seems daft.