Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
An advert for Fanta that has happy, cartoony people bouncing along the road and drinking Fanta, to the weirdest choice of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKPBiplRYkg

It even has one of the saddest verses in the whole song:

"Unemployment at a record high
People coming, people going, people born to die
Don't ask me because I don't know why
But it's like that and that's the way it is"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Starbucks had a Christmas ad campaign a couple of years ago where they had a big screen in the Natural History Museum in London, and Twitter users were invited to tweet Christmassy messages to #spreadthecheer to appear on the screen. Unfortunately for them their filter didn't work, and this happened:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/twitter/9750215/Starbucks-Twitter-campaign-hijacked-by-tax-protests.html

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Local ads here in Scotland are always terrible.

Thorne Travel agency, a recent classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA3JH5tfTYg

I've been looking for the Ian R Taylor soft furnishings advert for ages, but I think it only shows on the Grampian microregion and I can't find it on YouTube. It's some grainy black-and-white stock footage of a stag on a hill, and sometimes the tape runs backwards and forwards to it looks like the stag's dancing, and all the while the voiceover guy (who I'm sure is the owner) sings:

"Off yer chair, shift that bahookey,
Come oan doon and have a looky,
Ian R Taylor, sale is noo on!"

and a big sign appears that reads "SALE IS NOO ON". It's so bad it's good, but none of my friends from outside Perth and Dundee believe me that it exists, and I can't find it online. They all think it's some poo poo I made up to prank tourists or something.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Was this the inspiration for Five Nights At Freddy's?

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

sarcastx posted:

2). Buick is "reinventing" itself, again
I think this is the third time Buick has basically said "We used to make poo poo cars but we don't now"

Skoda did a similar campaign, but it worked pretty well.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

oh my god I forgot about this ad. I hate it. Eating a frozen pizza, on a motorway bridge, in the rain, while a song that roughly translates to "All Women Are Sluts (including the bitch who's letting herself be murdered by her dad to save my life)" plays in the background. I mean, Rigoletto's a great opera, but it's not exactly romantic.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Uh buddy, McDonald's never had the BK Kids Club.

Calling the kid stuck in a wheelchair "Wheels" gets me every goddamn time.

I see Vince from Recess (x2), Pepper Ann and a bunch of other kids that look like rip-off "original characters".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

PhazonLink posted:

I don't like that Christian Mingle commercial. You said God is let me choose HIS match for me? Do I have free will or not? Narrator are you still married? Why do your marriage pictures look like stock photos?

The ads for Elite Singles always come across like a creepy eugenics group. I like the eHarmony ones with the camel though. :3: ("These two are the same age and both enjoy long walks on the beach. For some dating sites that's enough to make them a match" etc. )