Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

f#a# posted:

Back when Pepsi came out with their new logo, the agency that designed it released a branding document detailing their approach.

It was the laughing stock of the marketing world for a good few months. Some highlights:

What in the hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Humboldt Squid posted:

Reactions among the target demographic were less than enthusiastic.

Haha, this is awesome.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Metal Loaf posted:

Acclaim thought that owning a line of comics to tie-in with all their games would be a good marketing decision, so they actually went ahead and bought the comic company that published Shadowman for $65 million.

Just in time for the comic book industry to collapse, I believe.

Some real business-savvy motherfuckers right there.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Elfface posted:

Oh, here's a fun one! A Singapore anti-gambling poster during the World Cup.

(They did)

Reminds me of that "Your kid wants you to invest in Eastern Europe" or something like that.

e: here it is

gnarlyhotep has a new favorite as of 22:20 on Dec 8, 2014

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Mr. Flunchy posted:

To be fair that campaign really raised the profile of investment in Eastern Poland.

That's cool, the ad just cracks me up with that "serious investment banker" face the kid has.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

poptart_fairy posted:

Why does every country except England get boobs and studly dudes on its posters.

The US is by far worse than all other countries that I know of when it comes to being colossal prudes.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

ninjahedgehog posted:

Saudi Arabia? Iran?

Well yeah, aside from the extremists.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I think Crazy Bruce had a few nips of that liquor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Chrpno posted:

Is that David Mitchell?

Yes! It's Mitchell and Webb! :)