Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

Ah, so it's an expensive greasy cesspit located on a prison colony. A vast improvement!

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

InediblePenguin posted:

I wish ublock also blocked retention popovers. No, I don't want to sign up for your newsletter. Yes, my mouse DID move to the upper corner of the window, because I AM leaving your site; no, I don't want to sign up for your newsletter before I leave. Fine, okay, I'll click your loving passive-aggressive "no" option, you piece of poo poo.

Email: ____________________________________
[ YAY! I LOVE EATING GOOD, HEALTHY FOOD MY FAMILY LOVES! ]
[ No thanks, I'll just eat a poverty dog off the floor like a animal ]

get hosed

I've had to make a lot of these popovers for work, and it's pretty disheartening knowing I'm part of the problem.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

There's lots of good youtube channels. I'm a big fan of Hardware Canucks, which mostly focusses on reviewing PC cases and hardware. I also recommend people follow Polygon's youtube as it's 50:50 game news and weird comedy series that require little knowledge or interest in video games, just willingness to accept the McElroy brothers as the best thing online.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

U2's album; Songs Of Innocence, the one infamous for just loving showing up in iTunes accounts - the album art was definitely 2 shirtless dudes hugging, right? I've learnt this week that the art was a white stamped vinyl, but I definitely remember it as the dudes. What do you guys recall?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Non Compos Mentis posted:

it was bono and edge in a tender embrace

this is what I remember

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'm told the stamped record art was the standard and switched out, but I never sought out the album and only ever saw the dudes hugging. I remember thinking it was a weird choice for an opt-out album. I didn't care that it was seemingly gay, it went into the same iTunes library as "Total" by Sebastian.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Nothing people love more than unpredictable prices for main meals! No one ever budgets a set amount per meal.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

There’s no way they wouldn’t bump prices by 20% and lower them by 20% off peak. The public was right to cause a fuss over this.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

We've had paper straws everywhere in Australia for a while. They're terrible compared to the old plastic ones. Frozen cokes are very popular and the straws barely work for them. I've heard good things about bamboo straws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

this is less efficient than a sushi train isn’t it