Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Spergminer posted:

:nws:Instead they made these two posters :nws:and put them up on every single bus shed in Denmark.

Why does every country except England get boobs and studly dudes on its posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Visiting several suppliers for the company I worked with was hilarious as they were packaging identical products into different store boxes but some were "premium", etc. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is there a decent source to read up on why unions are looked on so poorly? I never really understood that aspect of US employment as it's not something I've experienced here. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Sun likes to brag that it was vindicated of criminal charges as well, but neglects to mention this is due to throwing low level staff under the bus to avoid anyone important getting prosecuted.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The only way that counts as public shaming is if you're admitting to being one of the 53.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Part of the reason I'm a little weirded out how "person of colour" and "coloured" have apparently become positive phrases nowadays. When I was growing up they were pretty vile indications the person was racist, being used alongside Paki, etc

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hell, why not both.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Slime posted:

itt poptart fairy reveals he wants to beat women

Chris Brown's a girl?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Chris Brown's a hermaphrodite?!

I am way out of sync.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It is possible to think of Rihanna as silly for courting controversy with photoshoots on religious grounds, while also thinking this campaign is dumb, and that Chris Brown is a piece of poo poo woman beater.

Thank you for allowing three thoughts at once.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Alhazred posted:

How many slaps do you think she deserves for the blasphemous act of "posing suggestively"?

None at all. A dope slap for doing so on religious sites wouldn't be unwarranted though, I think.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Photoshoots = just as bad as viciously beating a woman into the hospital.

Gotcha.

It's you that said this, friend, not me. Several things can be bad at once, with varying degrees of badness.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The ad is dumb as poo poo as I've already said.

Pretty loving funny people on several month absences from the thread are feigning offense at one comment about it though, rather than the identical one below.

Krispy Wafer posted:

Aren’t impossible choices supposed to be things where either option sucks?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I remember a few faux-outrage pieces in a couple of newspapers about that, several years back. Lot of fuss about people paying to kidnap each other but hiding behind foreign law. :argh:

I don't think many bothered pointing out how it was all simulated, (meant to be) highly regulated, and you weren't throwing money at a black van to pick your friends off the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I imagine there was more to it than lawless youths having an alternative to happy slapping, at least. :v: