Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
No, they couldn't trademark it as Cheesymite (which every sane person thought it should be named) because a bakery chain here called Baker's Delight had called one of their products that already (that is, a cheesymite scroll; vegemite and cheese in a scrolled piece of bread; a tasy alternative for a sandwich at lunch). And they weren't trying to market it to non-aussies, they were just trying to capitalise on the fact that a lot of people who eat vegemite don't just eat it straight on bread, they eat it with some cheese or butter.

Thing is, one of the things vegemite is known for is its keepability, it's so salty that it keeps practically forever, and you can just chuck an open jar in the cupboard (with a lid on of course) and it's done, stored. That type of vegemite needs to be refrigerated because whatever they added (some variety of "cheese") can go rancid, so you can't take it camping. Also it didn't sell well because ISNACK 2.0 is a loving dumb name. It ended up getting renamed Cheesybite but I've not actually seen a jar of it in the shops. Apparently a third of the votes in the original competition went to "none of the above" :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Last Chance posted:

You mean to tell me, that the space elves were deprived of an update for over a decade. Unbelievable. I mean, it's the loving space elves for crying out loud. Elves. In. Space.

They deserve better.

*angsty, BDSM, "I'LL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL space elves with a torture theme

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, Woolies' Home Brand stuff doesn't muck around. Their tomato paste is also pretty good for pureed tomatos. Nice and thick, not too oily, salty or sweet.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
A McCafe is the place you go to to get coffee in the morning on the way to work if the only other choices you have is convenience shop coffee

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Croccers posted:

The Life. Be In It song was decent too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ5KC1s3YZo

Then you have the problem with bombarding us for decades on end big scary ad campaigns and we just don't care any more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7zhgyawyv8

I dunno, I thought that one from a few years ago about speeding with the guy and his family in an overturned car and time stops, then reverses was really loving powerful.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
All the Coles (the competing supermarket chain with Woolworths; usually more expensive but has more "'premium'" goods) around here had bakeries in them before the Woolworths did.

The closest Woolworths to me is in a suburb that's mainly populated by retirees and university students, but is right off a main road between the CBD and most of the residential areas to the west, making it a spot a lot of people drop in to get a bottle of milk or a loaf of bread on the way home. The prices on EVERYTHING at that shop are usually 50c dearer than the next closest shop. And the variety of different things is :mediocre:, along with the quality of the fresh food.
That said that next closest Woolies to me is one of the nicest supermarkets I've seen so ymmv :v:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Wanamingo posted:

You know, for some reason I took it at face value that you had vending machines with skimpy undergarments in them.

It's because thong is a stupid name for a sandal

Sandals have other straps and poo poo on them. The only thing connecting a thong to your foot is a piece of rubber / fabric which goes between your big toe and the next toe along.

Also flip flop is a dumb name for thongs :colbert: It's almost like the names of things can vary by geographical range and culture :v: A "thong", as in the underwear, usually gets called a bikini bottom or a G-string here.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Because they have to take the position that they know better than you, you dumb ignorant PLEBES DRINK OUR ARTISAN-CRAFTED ANTIQUE RECIPE YAKSNOT CULTURE ALMOND gently caress because otherwise the people who buy said almond gently caress wouldn't know what to drink. According to marketing, anyway.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, Ads start showing at the specified time. Movie starts after the ads are finished showing :hurr:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
I've never seen an airline so invested in digging holes before

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
That pattern is practically vibrant for Canberra, given everything else is beige