Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
This popular Mazda ad features a Capoeira song which translates to "Zoom zoom zoom, Capoeira just killed somebody."

It's supposed to be played when somebody is about to get completely destroyed in the circle. They cut the lyrics from the Mazda ads, but it's still pretty funny to hear that a song meaning "oh my god dude you're about to have every bone in your body broken" playing over a car ad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I just went to Nando's. The Menu has "WELCOME TO THE FRIEND ZONE" written on the front in huge lettering, and inside it says "ARE YOU A NANDO'S VIRGIN?"

I don't know whether this is terrible or amazing.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Wasn't Hetalia originally made as a parody? I remember reading somewhere that the creator said "I'm going to make the most offensive and ridiculous thing I can, and there's no way people will miss the gag" then everybody missed the gag and he was kinda just rolling in money at that point so he kept going with it.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

dpbjinc posted:

Nobody cares when 20- to 50-year-old humans get mistreated in fiction, regardless of gender. If you so much as touch a friendly dog, or even a robot, God help you.
There was a pretty hilarious argument in Cine D about one of the shorts in V/H/S 2.

You can have an endless cavalcade of human misery including a man cutting out his own eye, then having it force-fed to him and the internet doesn't give a poo poo, but may god help you if a dog is badly injured.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

IShallRiseAgain posted:

It was heavily implied the guy sort of deserved it.. Also, the short was kind of bad, so its understandable people why people wouldn't give a poo poo.
That was just one example. Those movies have a higher bodycount than the Civil War, most of the deaths are pretty horrible and a good number of the victims didn't deserve it. Flipping out and calling it THE WORST MOVIE EVER over one dog kinda misses the forest for the blood-soaked trees. But whatever, let's not carry this derail any further.

During the Iraq War, a lot of New Zealanders started boycotting American products in protest. This led to a lot of companies removing "American" from the names of their products, and KFC temporarily rebranding itself as "Kiwi For Chicken!"

Now that we're buddy-buddy with the US again, they're all trying to pretend it never happened. Even google can't dredge up a single relevant "Kiwi For Chicken!" result, but it was everywhere at the time. It must have cost them millions in advertising.