Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.
It was a weird time for Sony when they released the PSP and PS3.

I present alliwantforxmasisapsp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Pro tip for anyone working in advertising: Kill yourself!
But also don't try and manufacture your own viral videos. Especially if you're a 30 year old white dude trying to pass as a teenager rapping about a portable gaming console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Morton Haynice posted:

All these ads ever succeeded at was making me wanna punch Justin Long:

It did give John Hodgman a lot of money and recognition though, so...it's a wash?

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Jesus, the initial PS3 advertisements were awful. Like they were trying to create 'deep' and 'artistic' ads that featured...uh, crying baby dolls and...stuff. Other weird stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq9vHFKZHLE

Like what the gently caress.

It was all like this until they hired whoever created the Kevin Butler character - that was a stroke of genius.

The weird part is that Sony, or rather, Playstation had some pretty good commercials back in the PS1 and PS2 days. They were usually funny and concise...at least.

Then I dunno, maybe the marketing team got a collective aneurysm during the PS3 launch cause they went to full-on batshit insane mode.