Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Game ads in the 90's were some of the weirdest poo poo. Sega had a deal with Howard Johnson to give away game tips for their lovely rear end games. How this benefitted either party, I'm not entirely sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnLxnG67VNc

This offends all my senses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Morton Haynice posted:

That banner remind you of anything?

I'm really miffed that they couldn't be bothered to iron that banner before taking a picture of it - unless it was in a conscious kind of way. "Should we iron it first?" > "No, gently caress those guys."

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

That is a total bullshit attempt to spin the ad as anything but a complete failure.

I dunno. Watching it, I wondered if it was some like, super-high, meta-meta-meta PR presentation. Like, how people who don't really pay attention to current art trends might scoff at something considered way-high art? It's like, it was made for that crowd that's several levels into that PR bullshit as well, and it's really impressive in a reified kind of way.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Double Plus Good posted:

This commercial for Charter is currently the worst commercial on TV, to me. I know cable commercials are low hanging fruit they're all generally terrible and it doesn't seem to matter either way, but it's so bad, and seemingly endless, that we laugh every time it comes on. It just moves from one joyless, robotic scene to the next, on and on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZj2bOETKik

My favorite part is when the black dude and pants lady do that neck dance move

Look into their eyes. That is the look of a man who knows he is not going to make it as an actor.

Yeah, you're mostly right, but I'm going to remember that phone number until my last dying day.