Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011
I can't find a single loving example of it on the Internet anymore (maybe I should have saved the last example I saw) and at the time I only got a really lovely photo of it that didn't come out. Maybe there aren't any references left because it was rare due to getting pulled for absolutely obvious reasons, but I swear to god this is what the poster on the wall of my local pub said, verbatim:

Carling: You don't have to go far to find a better beer.

I had to think really hard to get the meaning of what the poster was trying to say, other than "our beer is poo poo."

Carling is brewed in the UK. So you don't have to go far from home to get what is considered a good beer, i.e. a "better beer."

I just don't know how it's possible for that slogan to get furthur than one person in the ad agency, and actually get printed and end up on the wall of a pub that is owned by carling's brewery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011

Primetime posted:

That sound is the absolute worst. There was a kit-kat commercial a few months ago that played every single time you skipped a song on Pandora that was just an instrumental kit-kat jingle with the crunch at the end of every line. I started taking off my headphones every time I heard it start.

Itd be like if Campbell's made an ad of people just loudly slurping soup

Watch the "orapup" commercial.

It's supposed to be an ad for a dog toothbrush, instead it's an ad about reasons to be glad you have cats, not dogs.

At some point a dog literally eats poo poo out of a dirty nappy and that doesn't have remotely the effect on me that all the spine shuddering sounds have.