Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"

Evilreaver posted:

The ASPCA got mad about puppy mills if I remember correctly. Since puppy mills are nightmares, and you're shipping dogs across the country, etc etc

How is it a puppy mill from just selling one dog, though?
Like, I've literally never seen any dogs that were free - I'm pretty sure even the local shelters charge a fee - and owners of female dogs of particularly desired breeds tend to consider the ability to sell the puppies as one of the 'perks' of the breed.

In other words: It's sad that the family didn't want the dog themselves, but unless they gave it to a friend or relative, they would charge whoever adopted it.

It's not like it's a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"

...That seems like it's going to lead to socially-awkward teenagers trying to demand kisses or other intimate gestures.
Like, they're not even going to be able to start before the lawsuits start being put together, especially if they try to pull it on underage girls (I don't mean pedophilia, just 16-year-old boys, working part-time, trying to get kisses from the 16-year-old girls they've got crushes on. I know some girls would at least agree to a kiss on the cheek, possibly even a full-on kiss, if it meant free stuff - and their parents would be somewhat annoyed once they find out)

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.

Len posted:

If the 3DS thread is any indication all Nintendo has to do is put a pretty picture on a 3DS and goons will rush out to buy it. Some will trade in an old DS but others will go "can you believe GameStop wouldn't let me stand in the store and do a system transfer? How dare they!?" And keep the old one. Surely these people have a charger sitting around. Hell I have three and only owns a 3DS and a 3DSxl. I'm not sure where the third came from because I haven't bought any. It really isn't as big a deal as goons are making it out to be.

Counterpoint: There's currently approximately six mobiles in the house at the moment, plus at least twice that in mobiles that got lost or destroyed.
We know the location of three chargers. (E: Obviously, we got a charger with each new phone)

I'd prefer to get a brand new charger with every handheld, thank-you-very-much, because I'm inevitably going to lose it.

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.

Len posted:

Have you tried not being a child and learning to take care of your things?

Hey, if they just keep giving me chargers, I don't need to take care of anything :colbert:

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

The cow is just a cartoon character. It's not supposed to be human, and barely supposed to be a cow. Plus, it's designed to be appealing (somewhat) to humans, with 'cute' characteristics. It's as scary as a soccer mom.

It'd be a bit creepier if they showed some of the less... Survivable products.
I don't know if it's the same company, but around here, a meat-brand also had a talking cow as their mascot, advertising steak and the like in the usual overly-cheerful way - which seemed creepy to me, at least, in a 'meet the meat' kinda sense.