Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Its like "9 out of 10 doctors"

As if they just got this one stable of only 10 doctors with 9 yes men and 1 jerk and they just go to that same group of doctors every time. :v:

Or like every medication is approved by exactly 90% of the medical profession, no more, no less.

That's one of the oldest in the book. Just grab the company's cabinet of doctor and always have one say no. It's legal, it's not lying, yet portrays an effective but believable product. I've seen ads for cigarettes like that in books from the fifties that do the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Yeah, the furry costumes were weird, but trying to tell me I don't need a decent sized tray table is the fastest way to get me to go to another airline. I like laying my head down during flight too much to bother with whatever nonexistent savings I'm getting with them.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

That is completely intentional and exactly why you took notice of the ad.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Canemacar posted:

Where's a homeless guy with a whip when you need one?

?

edit: gently caress, not the fan art thread.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Commercials have a long history of poor music choices. Whenever Baby Got Back pops up, chances are something went horribly wrong in the making of your commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5X4TSbGreA

Krispy Kareem posted:

My favorite recent car commercial for the new Audi plug-in hybrid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOy3zjdYweI

Because screeching through a residential area in your electric pocket rocket is the way to show that hippy Prius guy.

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Extra irony for one of the Canadiens best players (PK Subban) being black himself.

Arguably better than if they had no black players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

KozmoNaut posted:

"TH' GUBMINT DEATH PANELS IS TAKIN' ARE ORGANS!"

An opt-out system for organ donors will never fly in the US.

Sure it would. Thanks to the fact that you can cover multiple unrelated issues in a single bill, you could just add this onto, say, tax cuts and it'll fly right through the proper groups.