Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Yes. That's how you let people know about how to save time and stress. Good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Toast Museum posted:

I remember reading that seafood's bad rap was largely because most people could only get it canned, and canned seafood sucks.

Lobster might've gotten really bad rep for being kinda like an insect that just gets in the way of actual fish. It also didn't help that apparently fishing vessels didn't have any way of transporting lobster back to shore without killing them.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

DrVenkman posted:

One of the worst decisions was to put anti-piracy ads on DVDs that people have bought legitimately. There's nothing worse than someone berating you to buy something legally on something you've bought legally. Of course, when copies are made the groups usually strip out all of the ads first, giving people who have funded piracy a better experience.

This is true when it comes to DRM in video games too. I remember hearing about how DRM ruined the PC Assassin's Creed II experience for people who bought it legitimately by not letting you play it offline, having so many DRM processes that the game chugged, etc (at least I think that's what it was, I might be wrong) whereas pirates just got to play the game in much better quality than actual buyers.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It seems a bit skeevy to plan the funeral for someone younger than you.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Is it too late to talk about weird PSP ads? I remember this series from like 10 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zRPxEIPH_s

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Did someone say selling video games using boobs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

What he'll scape do you live in that paid air pumps are even a thing?

I work in the middle of nowhere and there's a gas station across the street from my office that has a paid air pump and I was really annoyed to find that out because that station's prices are generally higher than the ones near where I live and there aren't any paid air pumps near where I live either.