Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Exhibition C: Colgate white smile

The_White_Crane posted:

"Because God knows I don't want to share anything with women! They'll get cooties on them! Girl cooties! No, I only touch manly men things, like penises!"

:psyduck: Jesus what a loving bizarre approach.

I have a feeling that they were aiming for a reverse psychology perspective, but failed miserably because their advertisers were all twats. Or they were drunk when they screened the ad. Either way, it didn't make them look like the most intelligent people in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

I live in Hampton Roads and on the radio over the past couple years a bathroom remodeling company has decided to basically alienate a portion of customers they really don't want in their stores. Primarily young people and hispanics.

It started a couple years ago with owner doing the commercial talking about how his company is old fashioned and you don't have to press 2 for Spanish when you call them because "We speak English". I think the ad ran maybe a month or two before the complaints rolled in and they pulled it.

Fast forward to this year and now they have a spokeperson talking about how simple the company is how the only way to contact them is by phone and that when you call you don't have to press 1 for english and 2 for spanish. He follows that statement up with telling you that they aparently can't be contacted through any social media and pokes fun of people taking selfies in the "latrine". The messege is supposed to stress how easy it is to get a hold of them to redo your bathroom, they just stretch it out to long and it ends up sounding that if you do any of those things they really don't want your business.

I...what. What?! That has to be the stupidest thing I've heard today. And I've had a really long day. I mean, nowadays everyone has moved onto social media. To not move on with the rest of society...

My mind is blown.

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

I think the main purpose of the Mack Auto commercials is to get it in your head, and as such, purchase it.

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

In all honesty, I don't see anything wrong with it, since there were a lot of mp3 players during the time.