Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
TIL every time I've heard someone mention Ted Faro, they were NOT talking about Ted from HIMYM. I've never seen any details about Ted Faro before now, just "he's a monster" and "one of the worst villains ever conceived" and I thought it was just goons being facetious and was confused because Barney was way more of a monster than Ted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
This is just a silly one but I drove past a funeral home yesterday that had a sign saying
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND
DRIVE SAFELY
and thought that was kind of bad for business.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Lol

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I am too simple to figure out why that is problematic.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Where the whale cheese go?

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I'm so tempted to gis that

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
It needs to dispense some coloured lube too

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

BattleMaster posted:

No, I'm not American. I live in a place that has food safety laws instead of just a "lol if you get sick" warning. What in the world????

Aren't you Canadian? I don't know if it's law, but I see these warnings all the time in Canadian restaurants as well if they serve raw eggs or meat.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Holy gently caress that's disgusting.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I've definitely heard the first two lines of Fortunate Son by CCR used in ads glorifying America but I can't recall for what products.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I don't get it, but maybe that's a good thing

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I don't play much tt but aren't there quite a few games with Nazis as the baddies that would have some kind of Nazi playing pieces? Or is the problem that people don't play the Nazis as the baddies?

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

StillFullyTerrible posted:

There's a difference between say, models of Tiger tanks and Wehrmacht troops, and a cutesy bobblehead figurine of an SS doctor

Yeah that's true. Though I question the people collecting "realistic" models of Nazi stuff too.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Idgi why are all the ads horny about this ship being there? Surely many international ships regularly go there?

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

Breetai posted:

This is like the third time in the last couple months I've seen a thread get an extended "what do you mean that *word/phrase* has negative connotations/is an outright slur? I for one have never heard it/don't think it's actually all that bad really" derail and this poo poo is starting to appear less like clueless/sheltered loving whiteboy goons and more like a high pitched whistle.

Yup. It's really not that hard to say, "Oh, I didn't know about the racist connotations of that word/phrase, I'll be more mindful in the future."

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Does anyone else find it somewhere between cringe and unprofessional when businesses reply to bad reviews defensively?

I don't mind seeing, "we're sorry you had this experience, please contact this email address if you would like to discuss further" template responses.

But for example, I was about to recommend one of my favourite restaurants to another goon who was in town, and decided to look through their reviews. Almost all 5 stars but the odd 2-3 star reviews have the owner responding like an rear end in a top hat. Someone posted that they found a certain dish too dry and the owner responded along the lines of "funny no one else says that about it, looks like you give a lot of bad reviews, maybe you're just an unhappy person". There was another complaining it took an hour to get their food and the owner calls them a liar.

The food, service, and atmosphere are excellent, but I decided not to recommend it, and might not be back.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
A gamer with hairy legs a shameful gamer.

(I believe that is a hair removal crystal thing, I doubt they actually work)

Amazon only shows me ads for things that look like sex toys but aren't. Which is a good marketing move because I do often click them to figure out what they actually are. I think they took a page out of wish's advertising book with that.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

Facebook Aunt posted:

I don't know about that one specifically, but similar products are just a very fine grit sand paper and work fine. Generally you have to rub 3 times clockwise and then 3 times counter clockwise on each palm-sized spot, so it takes loving forever, but it works. Since the hairs are sanded down rather than cut they grow in tapered so you don't get stubble. Leaves the skin very soft and smooth as it incidentally sands off any dry flaky skin cells. But it's sand paper, so don't rub too hard or you'll give yourself road rash.

Interesting, I'll probably try one sometime then.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I still believe in pogs. You should see the poo poo the zoomers are into, like for example they are huge on making DIY slimes. If you can somehow combine pogs, slime, and fidget toys, you've got yourself a billion dollar product, I'm sure of it.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

Facebook Aunt posted:

I don't think it's actually illegal for them to use plastic straws, it's just eliminating single use plastic items is a cultural trend.

Single use plastics were banned federally in 2022, but that was rescinded in November 2023.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

Kwyndig posted:

My local Burger King has electronic menu boards, and yes they play ads for sandwiches.

This poo poo is so annoying. I think most fast food places have that at this point. Love only being able to look at the menu for 3 seconds at a time before an ad replaces it for 30 seconds.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I've even seen electronic drive-thru menus that switch to ads while you're deciding, because it's not like there's a line of cars waiting behind you or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I tried fallout 4 but nothing could make me give a single gently caress about the game with such a bland player character being forced on me. I hope the baby turned out to be some mutant terrorist or something.