Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Xlorp posted:

What the heck is that Discover badge symbol supposed to be? All I can take from it is a pastel tangram with decent color composition
I think it's a breast pump. Tell all your friends about how outrageous this new Discover ad is! Retweet and subscribe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

All tire places are closed Sundays for some reason. I got on a flat on a Sunday once and the only place I could get it fixed was at a Wal-Mart.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

My uncle, thankfully by marriage to my aunt and not any biological relation, used to call my kindergarten-age cousin a "little human being" for running around the house in briefs. Which of course his mother had bought for him, because he was a loving child who had no say over his underwear, and I don't think they even make kid-sized boxers. That cousin's in middle school now, and needless to say has some issues.

I'm really hoping my cousin turns out gay, because gently caress that uncle.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah, that'd sure teach him (???)
Not in a "prove him right" sort of way, just because he's the kind of rear end in a top hat who would be really disturbed by having his son turn out to be gay and could stand to learn a lesson.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Inescapable Duck posted:

I assumed it was each character matched up with their musical genre of choice.
If that was the case obviously Lando would be on each of those posters.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Han is really into jizz.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

oldpainless posted:

I feel like chick FIL a always charges like a dollar too much for everything. Welp that’s my contribution thanks for reading
Hey you gotta pay your roving anti-gay death squads somehow.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

oldpainless posted:

I think we’ve all learned a valuable neeson here
Perhaps most of all Liam Neeson.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Help, what does this mean?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Maxwell Lord posted:

I just get confused because I watched a lot of Absolutely Fabulous.
So glad it's not just me.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

From the thumbnail I thought the joke was going to involve the guy going crosseyed from the glasses but apparently that dude's just vaguely crosseyed.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Israel is the most boomer of countries.
I thought they sent all their boomers to Palestine?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

From further down the thread, perfect for that loved one you've get to get the last diss on:

Also I'm pretty sure the Superman and Batman on the top are about to make out.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Looking forward to trying Black Lives (Brownie) Batter.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

flatluigi posted:

no lie, b+j is one of the few companies that takes both a big stand and puts their money where their mouth is. even past the manifesto in the tweet they've had a foundation giving out grants for decades

to be clear i'm far from one to defend companies by default but can you imagine seeing this on literally any other statement from a corporation

Oh for sure, they're one of the few good companies. Just going for the easy pun.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I don't want to spoil what's behind this link, you have to see it for yourself. It's work safe.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/126680

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

BrigadierSensible posted:

I'm not a star trek fan, so forgive me if this is a stupid/naive question.

Was there as big a kerfuffle about Worf marrying a white woman in, I think DS9?

Or was that OK, because Worf is Kilingon, and if I remember right, the woman wasn't actually a woman but a 1,000 year old parasitic worm who could inhabit bodies of any gender.
That was in 1995, so while modern times have proven I'm sure there were many people against interracial relationships at the time, the internet was too young for them to have a place to say it publicly. I don't remember hearing any chatter about it on Star Trek boards and the like at the time, other than by people upset it had wrecked the Worf/Troi stuff they'd started to set up at the end of TNG.

The much bigger issue involved with DS9 was when Dax, the aforementioned 1,000 year old worm inhabiting a woman at the time, got in a relationship with another worm woman. I think it was the first same-sex kiss in syndicated television or some minor milestone like that. The problem was the head of Star Trek at Paramount at the time was homophobic and wouldn't let any gay characters appear, so they were very clear in the episode that the only reason they were in a relationship was because they were in a previous relationship as a man and a woman. It was a very half-assed and phoned-in attempt at pushing boundaries. The Star Trek Wiki has a lot more info about its reception: https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Rejoined_(episode).

It wasn't until Star Trek Beyond in 2016 when they retconned Sulu as gay that Star Trek had an official gay character, and if I remember right even then they just showed him holding hands with another man. Star Trek has a pretty disgraceful track record with homosexuality for as progressive as people credit it as being.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Release the butthole cut.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Marcade posted:

Speaking of that, apparently they're going to paint "Black Lives Matter" courtside once they resume. Bets on how long before they blur that out on Tencent?
China'll probably be more concerned about the "Lives Matter" part than anything else.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Cleretic posted:

The Dixie Chicks could lose the 'Dixie' from their name and still do fine, because 'The Chicks' isn't a world away from where they started and some people probably called them that anyway. But the only noteworthy part of the name 'Lady Antebellum' is the word they're trying to distance themselves from.
Speaking of that...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chicks

(Uness you meant "could" as in that's why they could, and that was your point, in which case never mind.)

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Lady Babybel, Yum!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Samuringa posted:

The cover for Fifa 21 was revealed and...it does not look good

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

oldpainless posted:

Guinness did such a good job in Star Wars. Shame he never made any other movies.
Too busy brewing the beer.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The MSJ posted:

So, anyone can just pay to promote tweets?

https://twitter.com/advertisedtwit/status/1308041871709667328?s=19

What are the chances this is paid for by Stauffers?
Stauffers doesn't have to explain anything, how did that person think animal crackers get made?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Bloop posted:

lmao same

My folks basically keep a salt shaker in their house so I can use it on thanksgiving (not this year) and it just was super frowned-upon growing up but I am like a reverse slug who lives on salt now
Do your loved ones ever wake up with mysterious circles on their faces?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sir Lemming posted:

I can't watch First Contact anymore without thinking about that small room on the ship that can only be accessed by crawling through a tunnel and has no purpose except having a force field window that shows a nice view of Earth. It's the most insignificant complaint ever, but I love it.
That's the room for the septic hookup when they're in spacedock.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Elviscat posted:

That would go great with this chair Etsy thought I might like.

And, did you?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Henchman of Santa posted:

They're currently gone. I'm sure they'll come back again at some point.
The chicken tenders were one of the menu items that disappeared at the start of COVID as part of the pandemic menu streamlining. I'm not sure how many of the removed items were actual supply chain streamlining and how many were more just them seeing an opportunity to cut some underperformers. I think almost every other fast food restaurant has gone back to their full menu by now, which leads me to think the latter.

Except for Taco Bell, whose menu is just a sad echo of what it was a year ago. Bring back the Mexican pizza and some form of chicken burrito you fucks.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Pain, paint, train fuel, is there anything mummies can't do?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Woo! Man-News!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Madsen Donuts is my favorite Ohio winery, though Geneva on the Lake Public Golf Course is a pretty good winery too.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Bloop posted:

Too many being like a family size bag for one person

I ate plenty of those in reasonable portions and never had any bad effects. Neither did anyone I know irl.

The ANAL LEAKAGE warning on the bag was really something, though
It was a very good incentive to force yourself to stop eating and not gorge the entire bag.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Brawnfire posted:

Whaaat! I need these! This sounds like gum that's okay to chew and swallow entire giant mouthfuls of

Well not *okay* but you know
That's basically what Mentos are.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I see the puppet guy from Saw got an academic position after his movie career fizzled out.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Both good and bad marketing.
Now that's an offer I can't refuse!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I'm on vacation in Tucson, and heard an ad for this company on the radio. They're really targeting in on a specific audience.

https://idesignac.com/intelligent-design-heart-forever-60/

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Bloop posted:

Good God why
Photographing the cool desert critters. The Arizonans are an unfortunate byproduct.

Tucson's actually a pretty decent city, it's just the retirees in the hellhole that is Phoenix that set the policies that drag the rest of the state down.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Excelsius!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

That ad is far too good to be made to link to Amazon.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So Olive Garden has this ad sampling "When You're Ready Come & Get It" by Selena Gomez:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOn7x9_fnDI

Every time it comes on, which is like 10 times a day, I'm annoyed that they missed the perfect opportinuty to re-record it as "When You're Ready Eat Spaghetti".

As-is there really isn't a dumb marketing move here, but I keep getting "When You're Ready Eat Spaghetti" stuck in my head whenever it comes on and I needed to inflict it on others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Len posted:

Ohio doesn't have a mandate anymore because we beat it
Congratulations, also thoughts and prayers.