Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

When the first commercial for the new Chevy Colorado came out )the one with that terrible AC/DC song), I actually said to my wife, "Wow that is a nice looking truck, maybe I'll look into one when my current lease is up".

Then this happened during the Super Bowl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja18pGoch8M

gently caress. You. Chevy. No, seriously, gently caress you. This marketing is ridiculous. Only REAL MEN drive trucks? I liked your truck, but now I'm not even gonna consider it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Also, listening to free Spotify. Listening to the band We Came as Romans, it's heavier rock music with some screaming. The ad that comes up? "Hey 1D family, are you ready for One Direction... blah blah blah". Really? You can't try to target your audience better than that?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Wandle Cax posted:

So you're not a real man then?

Seriously, if you're actually letting that stupid little ad sway you away from buying a truck you were otherwise considering, you're buying into that very same bullshit that you're so offended by.

I just don't want to support a company that uses advertising tactics like that. I'm sure the truck is a piece of poo poo anyways, it is a Chevy

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

ryonguy posted:

Don't forget talking about forming a union, or supporting unions, or accidentally saying the word union, like mentioning the UK flag, will get you out on your rear end in seconds. But it will be for [complete bullshit reason], not organizing talk, oh no.

Yes, in case you folks in other countries weren't aware that is literally how anti-union American businesses are, that laws had to be made to prevent them from firing people for trying to organize (and doing so anyways with loopholes).

When I first got hired at Verizon wireless one of my first days of orientation was a multiple hour long presentation about how bad unions are and why you don't need to be in one. If a company has to spend hours telling you why it's bad, you know there's a reason.

Now I'm a member of IAFF and I couldn't be happier.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

canis minor posted:

So does this guy but he just sits there and smiles.

Someone broke into his house while he was making a video. He didn't move, just sat there smiling the whole time. The robber walked into the room, saw him, and peaced out without taking anything haha