Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Pretty sure I just saw a commercial featuring Billy Banks in a t-shirt that says Brother At Your Side in an office full of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Grem posted:

Pretty sure I just saw a commercial featuring Billy Banks in a t-shirt that says Brother At Your Side in an office full of people.

http://youtu.be/Fxyt7kv9V7g

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's that badly marketed.

I think the only thing that tips it off is the pile of money exploding at the end.

It's literally "We have to pay tax money for free college/medicare for all? Nope!"

It appeals to the "literally zero government spending on anything ever, especially spending that comes from MY TAXES!" voter. Any government spending is considered waste and graft by definition to them.

The kicker for me is the old couple in front of their mansion with their four expensive rear end cars clinging to each other at the horror of higher taxes! They literally could not have picked a less sympathetic stereotype to choose.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Yea, that's definitely the gimmick, it stores right under the bowl, unlike a footstool which I just don't have room for in my smaller bathroom.

Anyways, thing owns bones, no regrets.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Cumslut1895 posted:

I have literally never heard of anyone receiving a participation trophy

Participation medals have been given out in the Olympics since the beginning if the modern Olympics.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Schubalts posted:

Holy poo poo, the actual text on the second. "Men marry for love, so it's your fault if your husband stops loving you" "Stay sexually desirable to keep your marriage happy" I know the ~good old days~ were trash, but goddamn.

I have a pretty good collection of Good Housekeeping from the early boomer era. That is not even close to the worst it gets. The article about a girl moving out to live on her own says, I poo poo you not direct quote "If a woman invites a man into her home she should expect whatever happens next"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Speaking of ads for games that don't exist, would someone just make the loving game where I kill the knight with lava?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

A company named Fabletics offered a military discount for men but not women. Comments on their facebook page are not going well, at all.

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-duty/military-culture/2020/11/12/fabletics-gifts-veterans-day-discount-on-yoga-pants-but-only-for-men/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

There's something in the military verification thing that has you pick male or female and if it's female I guess it gets flagged. It's not clothes it's literally men trying to get a discount vs women trying to get a discount.