Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Peanut Butler posted:

idk seems to me that 'weird' and 'sexy' are more in the brilliant category than dumb when it comes to advertisements- sounds like a quick, inexpensive spot that's stuck with a lot of you- y'all remember that its for pants, for instance

Took an intro to advertising design class in college. Day one the teacher outlined that it was an insta-fail if you used sex or puns in any of your projects because that was the easy way out. Of course, the real world doesn't have to adhere to that restriction, but yeah sex is just the laziest way imaginable to sell something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Everyone wants a piece of that subscription payment pie. Businesses want that sweet sweet “forgot to cancel” money. It’s gym memberships writ large. In the dystopian future, literally everything will have a monthly fee. Hope you can afford your air this month, grandma. Think I’m joking? Look up what Nestle’s CEO thinks about water.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

Rest of the year: go nuts

Except in November.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Sir Lemming posted:

I'm assuming they changed the ad copy after the fact to say "no u"

Twitter Community Notes have also started calling out lovely ads for drop-ship bro sites and it’s great.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

I remember when a can of Surge was only 50 cents from the vending machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

These Switch 2 leaks are getting out of hand