Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Morpheus posted:

Jesus, the initial PS3 advertisements were awful. Like they were trying to create 'deep' and 'artistic' ads that featured...uh, crying baby dolls and...stuff. Other weird stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq9vHFKZHLE

Like what the gently caress.

It was all like this until they hired whoever created the Kevin Butler character - that was a stroke of genius.

I think I know the guy who directed this, at least, it really really looks like his brand of stupid loving poo poo. The style is spot on the same. For the life of me I can't remember his name. I went with a friend to a lecture this director guy gave at the local uni and he was the biggest arrogant, self obsessed 'edgy' rear end in a top hat I've ever had the displeasure to hear speak. He did a whole bunch of stuff for sony after he did a did an ironic 'gently caress you' advert for them that featured nazis and colonoscopy footage. Sony gobbled it up and hired him to make equally strange adverts for years. His advice to the young wannabe film makers was 'gently caress the man' and a whole slew of bullshit that would ruin all of their careers. He got lucky that his edgy gently caress you to Sony went viral, that's it, and now he thinks he is Jesus Kubrick of the ad directors world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

The new Aygo campaign is a bit, uh...

ok ok, I'll go 'fun' myself. I'm sure every person who hears the advert or sees the billboard automatically thinks 'go gently caress myself?'

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

Even worse are the Game of War/Clash of Clan adverts on TV. No gameplay footage, not even cutscene footage - just some CG cartoon of what the game might look like in your imagination. I've seen endless ads for those games and still have no idea what they look like to play.