Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

It actually gets worse. Sony decided to market to the """"""urban"""""" demographic with the psp so they put up 'graffiti' like this

Reactions among the target demographic were less than enthusiastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Tbh i think that glass bottles make a bigger difference than the sweetener used. Glass is non reactive so it doesn't change the taste but soda in plastic always tastes a little like its bottle to me.

Anyway i thought that the marketing for Dead Space(?) that showed "moms" being disgusted by it falling flat was pretty funny. Its like when mcdonalds marketed one of its burgers as being for ~*adults*~ by showing kids calling it yucky.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Henker posted:

About a year ago two West Coast grocery stores, Vons and Albertons, decided to merge. The FTC told them they had to sell off 200 stores to avoid becoming a monopoly, and most of them were sold to a Washington chain, Haggen (who only had 18 stores before the acquisition). This ended up being a horrible move for Haggen, because they filed for bankruptcy last month and announced they're going to close ALL of the stores they had just opened up in California.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Haggen-Closing-All-California-Stores-Including-19-in-San-Diego-329326671.html

Doesn't surprise me, the haggen here has all the exact same shittiness the old Albertson's had.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Marketing people are the absolute worst.

Especially viral marketing people :ssh:

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

How the hell does duct taping a tamagochi to a cabbage patch kid cost eighty thousand dollars.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

The only good youtube channel is Cooking with Dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Phanatic posted:

We've also done it by shooting apples with mutation rays. Literally: exposing a bunch of seeds to gamma radiation sources to induce mutations and keeping and breeding the ones that germinated with useful traits. There's stuff on supermarket shelves that was created in exactly that way.

Which is funny because GMO opponents claim genetic modification is more unpredictable unlike the older tools of selection and breeding, when in fact it's far more precise and controllable then stuff like atomic gardens that they have no problem with.

This is how we made ruby red grapefruit, by the way ☢️🌝☢️