Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The UK remake was even worse, after the hired the stars of Peep Show:

Where the PC is known for being loveable and well-meaning, if a bit awkward, and the Mac is a narcissistic and arrogant sexual predator.

Is that David Mitchell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Alhazred posted:

It always is.

Thank you! My work is done.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

FuhrerHat posted:

So was there no class-action suit against McDonalds for that monopoly bullshit?
I specifically went there as a kid stupidly thinking the more fries and drinks I bought, the richer I would be the next day.

How is any of what happened even remotely legal at the customer-end?

Not for this case, but I was involved in a class action against McD's way back. I was keeping the game pieces in my car and got the 3rd piece to win a HP 386 computer (:wow:). Sent them off to McD's, most excited, and got a letter back saying "ah no you didn't, you obviously used last year's pieces to try and get your prize now go away." I kinda went "meh" after that until a legal letter arrived, saying "sign this to join the class action", which I did. We promptly and comprehensively lost the court case, I went "meh" again and still eat their crap despite being officially called a filthy cheating liar and being denied my sweet HP tower.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald%27s_legal_cases#.22McMatch_and_Win_Monopoly.22_Promotion_.28Australia.29

Obviously what happened was that a big stockpile of the previous year's cards got sent out as well, but McDonalds is big enough to deny it and win. Who cares really