Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Aishan: is Ghost Squad full of actives? feels like club level is slowww.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
Redline expansion pack detailed https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=740044696079893&set=vb.423631211054578&type=3&video_source=pages_video_set

Release in Europe on the 17th and in the US on the 23rd.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Feenix posted:

Aishan: is Ghost Squad full of actives? feels like club level is slowww.

Only you and one other guy responded when I sent out the PSN message; I may just remove them if they don't respond in another day or so.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Aishan posted:

Only you and one other guy responded when I sent out the PSN message; I may just remove them if they don't respond in another day or so.

Yeah I'm not saying we gotta be harsh about it but there's folks in here eager to play and looking for a club. :)

Sidenote: The "these cars can only be used in multiplayer"... does that mean you just *Cannot* photograph them? :(

[edit] All this game needs now, in my opinion, (other than the continued support) is some Japanese cars.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 12, 2014

Sound Insect
May 27, 2010

SA: Ballistic Photon PSN: Reaktor4

Sent a request to join Goon Turismo

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
So, um, what are some good tracks to Time Trial so I can try and actually get better at this game? I'm real, real bad and only part of it is because I'm having a few beers.

Edit

Also am I a horrible jerk if I prefer 3rd person to 1st? :ohdear:

Static Rook fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 13, 2014

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pindakaas posted:

I can create two more spaces for whoever wants to join.

Room for me? Just got the name today. PSN ID is Seiferguy.

Edit: oops didn't realize there was a 2nd page. If anyone has room, let me know~

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just got this today, looks shiny, I am bad at racing games. PSN ID is DeathShiki if there's any open clubs still.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I started a club Torque Stairs for people at least able to turn a clean lap or two before plowing into a wall and taking out the whole field. If you've played GT or Forza once before, you're welcome. It's invite-only, so post your PSN here and I'll get an invite out when I'm able to.

E: Also going through this thread & adding people to friends list. I'm ItsColdPie.

ColdPie fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 13, 2014

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Making my way through the Hot Hatch stuff and I'm kinda getting the hang of things. I made the mistake of jumping right into a high level car and that was part of my problem. I'm figuring out when to actually stop accelerating / start braking and all that fun stuff. It's kinda like grinding out combo timings in training mode in a fighting game.

I'll be sending out hilariously easy to beat challenges to people on my friends list so if you want some easy points, accept them!

fudyr
Oct 29, 2010

This silence is mine
Just bought this and been playing the tour mode. Game's kinda rad so far. PSN ID: fudyr

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"
Joining the club
SA: Gallilee PSN: Gallilee

applebane
Jun 5, 2011
Okay I started a brand new club for new drivers: Goon Prix

Open to any who like to join, no requirements bad drivers welcome ( I myself am a bad driver)

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I've done it, I've beaten Driveclub!

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
If anyone is still having problems getting the DLC to work

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142991923&postcount=6015

applebane posted:

Okay I started a brand new club for new drivers: Goon Prix

Open to any who like to join, no requirements bad drivers welcome ( I myself am a bad driver)

I sent a request PSN Winkie32

Winkie01 fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 13, 2014

applebane
Jun 5, 2011

Winkie01 posted:

If anyone is still having problems getting the DLC to work

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142991923&postcount=6015

I sent a request PSN Winkie32

tried to add you but something went wrong, maybe i hit the wrong button? sent you a friend request that may help.

also is there a goon here psn named mmmm174? he requested to join but i cant tell if hes a goon or not.

Second point: can you really only search in game from your friend list? If they are not on my friend list i cant seem to get them to come up through search.

applebane fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Dec 14, 2014

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
I felt pretty good about myself and my driving until I saw that global rank 1 on holmstad point to point is currently at 0:42 (might be bugged since rank 2 is at 1:52), and my time; 2:46 is barely enough to cling on to rank 1162.

SA: snodig PSN: enrarkar
Challenges are great so feel free to send me any.

Tony SpaZ
Dec 17, 2009

ColdPie posted:

I started a club Torque Stairs for people at least able to turn a clean lap or two before plowing into a wall and taking out the whole field. If you've played GT or Forza once before, you're welcome. It's invite-only, so post your PSN here and I'll get an invite out when I'm able to.

E: Also going through this thread & adding people to friends list. I'm ItsColdPie.

Requesting an invite!
SA: Tony SpaZ PSN: Tony_SpaZ

Tony SpaZ fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 14, 2014

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Tony SpaZ posted:

Requesting an invite!
SA: Tony SpaZ PSN: Tony_SpaZ

Thanks for posting this. Turns out two other folks had requested to join in the game, too, but I didn't think to check that sub-menu. Apparently join requests don't show up in the social notifications thing... So if you requested to join earlier, go check for an invite.

This game is pretty fun, guys. I haven't played a console racer since Forza 4 came out, instead I've been mostly doing iRacing. I forgot how difficult driving with a controller is. Once you get the hang of how the input is interpreted into the car, you can start to get the flow of corners. But the first couple hours were pretty rough.

I've always enjoyed hot lapping more than racing, and that's true in Drive Club. What's really nice is it seems none of the content is gated by what type of racing you do. If I just do hot laps, I still unlock cars and get challenges and full leaderboards and everything. This seems like what I wanted Forza 4's rivals mode to be, and then some. In hot lapping mode, I really like how it queues up the next higher leaderboard ghost after you beat the one you've been racing against. It really streamlines the progression as you get better at a track, watching yourself climb the leaderboard in realtime.

Not sure how I feel about fake tracks vs real tracks, but it is fun having some variety in road circuits vs rally-style stages. I do like the tracks they made for this game.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
OP Updated with new usernames and driveclubs.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

Turbo Nerds is also an all goon club.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Is this game worth a poo poo now? $35 on Amazon seems good.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

LLJKSiLk posted:

Is this game worth a poo poo now? $35 on Amazon seems good.

Yes it is.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Managed to grab a sealed copy from eBay so I'm keen to join and drive things fast

SA: I, Butthole PSN: D43M0N_au_

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Looking forward to playing with goons

SA: James Woods Fan PSN: JamesWoodsKiting

Sound Insect
May 27, 2010

Has anyone had an experience in a multiplayer race that wasn't awful? Each game I've been in has had a bunch of DNFs because people keep trying to prevent overtakes by running each other off the track, resulting in multi-car crashes.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
I've started a new club, Proctologists R, stemming from my horrible attempt at goatse in the emblem editor. Shoot a friend request to D43M0N_au_

e: gently caress every Hot Hatch hotlap challenge which are almost impossible due to the AI set to "thunderdome" and the Golf being locked behind a club level cap. I've just scraped by with most of them.

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....
Goon looking for love...I mean a crew.

PSN: Kaje1980

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Nice job hitting Level 21 Ghost Squad! Voting we switch our logo to the Skull in a Crown. Short of an actual ghost... it feels pretty apropos. :p

[edit] I love you!

Feenix fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 18, 2014

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I really wish there was a "best line" option you could turn on in this game. Like the cornering challenges but for the whole track. Just make it so you can't use it for challenges your send/receive. Other than that, I'm getting better bit by bit and finally moving up from the baby cars. Tried a couple challenges with Super cars and barely stayed on the track though, still outta my league unless I drive them like a granny.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Static Rook posted:

I really wish there was a "best line" option you could turn on in this game. Like the cornering challenges but for the whole track. Just make it so you can't use it for challenges your send/receive. Other than that, I'm getting better bit by bit and finally moving up from the baby cars. Tried a couple challenges with Super cars and barely stayed on the track though, still outta my league unless I drive them like a granny.

Far be it for me to sound like I am talking down to you, because I'm only an average-to-decent racer, but I've been playing racers for ages. In lieu of an actual line, I would just suggest maybe the basic tenets of, head to outside... head to inner corner at apex of turn, then back to outside. That minimizes your turning, minimizes your need to brake as much or slow down as much... and keeps you steady.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
I really wish the AI were a bit more than just bricks on the ideal line - it's hella frustrating to try and overtake them somethings, because once they're locked into their course they don't move away from it. Not to mention them hitting you and you getting the penalty.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Installing now. PSN is LLJKSiLk if anyone would like to add me to your club thingy.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Feenix posted:

head to outside... head to inner corner at apex of turn, then back to outside. That minimizes your turning, minimizes your need to brake as much or slow down as much... and keeps you steady.

I understand the words and concept, but as soon as I start racing it all just gets jumbled into VRRROOOM VRRROOOOM CAR GO FAST YAAAAAAAAAY!

I'm slowly getting better though. I'll have half a lap where I just nail everything and cut like 5 seconds off an old time...only to try and keep going 90 mph around a sharp turn or something.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

I just got this today and so far I dig it. Looking for a club.

SA: Cutedge PSN: Cutedge

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I also just got this and would like a club invite. SA: jammyozzy PSN: jammyozzy

Cheers!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I think I'm missing something about the lobby system. Is there no way to stick to one car type?

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Just got this yesterday and completed the first few tour events, if there's any clubs with a spare open spot could you send Bad_Parenting00 an invite?

Cheers!

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Just picked this up today for cheap. Guess I need to find a crew. Any spots open?

PSN: IMightBeAdam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Can I get an invite a club, please. If none are available and others are waiting to join i can create one, too.

PSN: BadLeRo

jabro fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 6, 2015

• Locked thread