Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Juice Box Hero posted:

lowtax you're getting old. if you need the words to be bigger, do as your peers and get some reading glasses and a lower-resolution monitor

we all are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
death is certain

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Stux posted:

death is certain

actually im going to live forever inside the internet

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Juice Box Hero posted:

lowtax you're getting old. if you need the words to be bigger, do as your peers and get some reading glasses and a lower-resolution monitor

i wish i was too old to read your posts

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if the something awful servers could stay up into perpetuity technically we will all live on forever through our posts, set in stone as it were

think about the next time you empty quote or respond with the single word "gay"

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

thathonkey posted:

if the something awful servers could stay up into perpetuity technically we will all live on forever through our posts, set in stone as it were

think about the next time you empty quote or respond with the single word "gay"

I need future generations to know I'm gay

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Lowtax and Billy, I like the new font and thinks it looks good, thank you for making the forums better you are the best.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
this font is not good

i don't get it the old font was fine

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I like the new font. it is easier to read from my couch, which is the forums browsing location of the future

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
I like the new font for body text, but at the small point size in the header and footer bars, the lowercase i's turn into lowercase l's.

Prlvate Message, SAclopedla, Postlng Gloryhole

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Lowtax when I bought this avatar the preview showed all the text neatly below the image in one line but now that the font's changed it's messed up can you fix it?

Imperial Hippo
Aug 14, 2006
Study the past, if you would divine the future
Fine by me. I'm just glad to know that I didn't change the internet inadvertently.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Lowtax when I bought this avatar the preview showed all the text neatly below the image in one line but now that the font's changed it's messed up can you fix it?

holy poo poo he actually fixed it

edit: wait nvm its my text scaling on this computer

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
Its a good font but the medals/pills/other collector edition plat symbols need to show up again

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

radiatinglines posted:

If you open your browser full screen how can you keep an eye on your sweet temp monitor desktop widget? Or keep aim open on the side for chat? Or use your sweet miniature custom winamp skin?

What are you, so poor you can't afford to be running 3x4k monitors?

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
I'm still not seeing Papyrus in CC, do I need to flush my cache?

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
Oh poo poo, my list of bookmarked threads is in The Font now.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Broenheim posted:

Its a good font but the medals/pills/other collector edition plat symbols need to show up again
Yeah I'm looking into why that gets overwritten now.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Okay fixed it.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Fix the hell thread slime i posted how to

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

thathonkey posted:

Fix the hell thread slime i posted how to

The z-index at 5000. That is too much z-index by like 5000 z-indexes.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
For some reason the new font just doesn't look crisp in posts on my end. I'll just have to live with it.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

On April 20th, please change the font in all forums to comic sans

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It looks nice, go for it

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Anybody know how to get the text so it's not blurry? I liked the sharpness of the old text and this stuff is giving me a pretty bad headache. :(

Bognar
Aug 4, 2011

I am the queen of France
Hot Rope Guy
Hey lowtax, you should fix the margins on the thread titles. Everything is shifted to the bottom now. I think this looks good:

CSS code:
td.title div.title_inner {
    position: relative;
    min-height: 29px;
    padding: 5px 75px 9px 0px;
}
It's the difference between this:

and this:

The top one kind of looks like the retarded twin of the bottom one.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Armchair Calvinist posted:

Anybody know how to get the text so it's not blurry? I liked the sharpness of the old text and this stuff is giving me a pretty bad headache. :(

Seriously it's really bad. I'm getting wall-eyed trying to read poo poo.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

If you're having trouble with the changes, there's always the Something Awful Fixes extension that rolls back some of the more egregious changes made over the years (including the newly implemented, horrific "Open Sans" typeface, the flagship font for Free Font Barn 101 and c00lfonts.com).

I believe it also fixes the broken thread "hover" breadcrumbs glitch too. The glitch where the thread hierarchy is hidden until you mouseover the thread title.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Wait, how do you use this? Not sure where to put it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
please hurry up and put this font everywhere now its so much better

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I don't require the use of my reading monocle any longer, this is the bee's knees.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Last Chance posted:

If you're having trouble with the changes, there's always the Something Awful Fixes extension that rolls back some of the more egregious changes made over the years (including the newly implemented, horrific "Open Sans" typeface, the flagship font for Free Font Barn 101 and c00lfonts.com).

I believe it also fixes the broken thread "hover" breadcrumbs glitch too. The glitch where the thread hierarchy is hidden until you mouseover the thread title.

drat, thanks so much for this! There really needs to be an option to switch between the font types because Open Sans is like some sort of terrible throwback to Windows XP ClearType.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
this font looks like poo poo on my laptop and not on my desktop (well it still looks bad but not all...lumpy) when they both have basic firefox installed

what have you done lowtax :(

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Are the people complaining about the font running less-common screen resolutions or something? The font looks just fine to me at 1920x1080 in Firefox on both Windows and Linux.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Are the people complaining about the font running less-common screen resolutions or something? The font looks just fine to me at 1920x1080 in Firefox on both Windows and Linux.

I'm running 1920x1080 in Chrome and it's exceptionally blurry.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm running 1920x1080 in Chrome and it's exceptionally blurry.

Weird - I just checked in Chrome, and the font looks fine in that browser, too.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Don't know how well this translates because of quality loss but:

My eyes are constantly shifting trying to read this. :(

edit: for comparison

Knot My President! fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 13, 2014

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

looks clear on my iphone, on safari on osx and chrome on windows 7 for me. problem is your end sorry

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

edit: for comparison

Judging from the screenshots, the only thing I am seeing between how your screen is displaying and what I am seeing is that the spacing between your characters seems less even and more spaced-out than mine. My characters are a constant distance from one-another, and it does seem easier on the eyes. I just checked, and it does look like Chrome displays a bit different from Firefox:

The top of the screenshot is Chrome, the bottom is Firefox. The character spacing definitely appears to be different. The bottom is darker because I have my desktop set to dim non-active windows, and Chrome was active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrabble Tournament
May 17, 2006
MY OLD-ASS AVATAR URL BROKE THE ADMIN PANEL, THANKS RADIUM
code:
letter-spacing:.2px;

• Locked thread