Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

burn this bitch down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
your laptop is a piece of poo poo op

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Suck its dick

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

i wish my laptop had a dick

pram
Jun 10, 2001
stick urs in teh usb port it should fit lol

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

no u

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

take it to the lenovo store

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

not a good idea, mine randomly will change to the strip for the video poo poo while in a browser then i don't have a refresh button!!

Dotcom Jillionaire
Jul 19, 2006

Social distortion
soimnewthimes jerrrkingnn off onttoo thee keybbarod heelpsssa

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

sha na na na sha na na na - get a mac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofEdoggWr-s

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lenovo lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

hello everybody i just thought i would update you on my adaptive keyboard function strip. lenovo sent me an empty box via next-day air.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

duTrieux. posted:

hello everybody i just thought i would update you on my adaptive keyboard function strip. lenovo sent me an empty box via next-day air.

you didnt need the keyboard, the power to type was inside you the whole time.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

maniacdevnull posted:

take it to the lenovo store

lmao

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

duTrieux. posted:

lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pram posted:

stick urs in teh usb port it should fit lol

my cock is a neural-net processor. a learning computer.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

i wish my laptop had a dick

it has u!!!!!

pram
Jun 10, 2001

duTrieux. posted:

good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
WOW look at MR Cash Money over here with the fancy lappy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i typed on a clcky keyboard yda. it was nice feelingf but they dont come in wireless

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

WOW look at MR Cash Money over here with the fancy lappy

smythe when are you gonna make your momma proud and get a real good money job

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
not that she ain't proud but she worries ya know

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

smythe is like a managing director or something at a fancy pants los angeles thee-aye-ter and i assume he is secretly a millionaire and the poverty is an act

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

maniacdevnull posted:

smythe is like a managing director or something at a fancy pants los angeles thee-aye-ter and i assume he is secretly a millionaire and the poverty is an act

i think smythe is just ultra frugal and just comes across as poor

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

lenovo suffers from trying to innovate poo poo that's been a staple for years (like the keyboard), and they fail p hard at it. id go with fujitsu next time op

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

update: i used the empty box to mail the x1 carbon to tennessee for warranty repairs which seems wasteful as the city in which i live is lousy with authorized repair centers. i'm using my work-issued e6510 right now which is a little irritating because i bought the x1 carbon specifically so that i could stop using my work notebook at home.

i should have bought a macbook.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

duTrieux. posted:

update: i used the empty box to mail the x1 carbon to tennessee for warranty repairs which seems wasteful as the city in which i live is lousy with authorized repair centers. i'm using my work-issued e6510 right now which is a little irritating because i bought the x1 carbon specifically so that i could stop using my work notebook at home.

i should have bought a macbook.

a rich story of the path to enlightenment op

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the t420s was the last, best thinkpad.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
if your "thinkpad" has a chicklet keyboard on it like a mackbook, then it sucks. I'm sorry, but it does.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
Apology (for your bad opinion) accepted.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
Best Thinkpad was the X201s with 1440x900.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
newsflash bitch they were all poo poo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pram posted:

newsflash bitch they were all poo poo

but enough about your posts

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lol this w540 trackpad sucks

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

only ten hours until inri's back. let's all do something nice for im

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

sarehu posted:

Best Thinkpad was the X201s with 1440x900.
they had a nice feel, but they don't age gracefully

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

update: repairs started last night at about 8, but were put on hold at 8:05 because they're waiting for the parts to be delivered

i thought the point of shipping the thing to them was that they would have the parts there but i guess not

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i was disappointed to note keyboard prints on the screen of my Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon with multitouch hi-dpi display after a few weeks of usage

i expected better from you, Lenovo :(

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Mr Dog posted:

i was disappointed to note keyboard prints on the screen of my Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon with multitouch hi-dpi display after a few weeks of usage

i expected better from you, Lenovo :(

yeah that's bullshit

it's mitigated somewhat if you give the keyboard a quick wipe with a microfiber cloth after a heavy typing session (it's oil transfer that's causing the smudges)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

mr. dog was there a period of time when windows updates would disable the fingerprint reader and you'd have to go and rollback the driver with the one from the lenovo support page or was that just me

• Locked thread