Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001

Mr Dog posted:

i was disappointed to note keyboard prints on the screen of my Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon with multitouch hi-dpi display after a few weeks of usage

i expected better from you, Lenovo :(

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

duTrieux. posted:

mr. dog was there a period of time when windows updates would disable the fingerprint reader and you'd have to go and rollback the driver with the one from the lenovo support page or was that just me

nah the same problem exists with the lenovo pen tablet driver

lenovos still trying to get blood out of the thinkpad brand turnip

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

the scanner isn't very good, if it tells me to use a different stroke one more time i'm going to have a stroke

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
good thing i use neither windows nor the dumb fingerprint scanner then

and yeah it's skin oil ofc but they should have recessed the keyboard more instead of trying to shave another 1mm off the thickness. i don't actually see the smudges unless i like, put my head on the keyboard and look up at the screen (or look at it from directly overhead) but still.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
pRiCeY LaPPy ITT

💲💲💲💲💲💲📠

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

rotor posted:

if your "thinkpad" has a chicklet keyboard on it like a mackbook, then it sucks. I'm sorry, but it does.

actually, the t440 is very good

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

my X1 carbon was repaired and delivered yesterday. The adaptive keyboard strip was working. All was well.

about half an hour ago the screen went bonkers and the machine stopped accepting input. i turned it off and then on and everything was blinking: keyboard backlight, adaptive strip, power light, caps lock light on the shift key, etc. The power button was not responding so I used a pin to press the tiny backup reset switch on the bottom (lol). the x1 carbon continued to blink at me when I turned it back on.

i removed the back panel and disconnected the battery to be thorough but when i powered it back up the blinking continued.

😿

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

sounds like your computer is a piece of poo poo

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

duTrieux. posted:

burn this bitch down

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

duTrieux. posted:

my X1 carbon was repaired and delivered yesterday. The adaptive keyboard strip was working. All was well.

about half an hour ago the screen went bonkers and the machine stopped accepting input. i turned it off and then on and everything was blinking: keyboard backlight, adaptive strip, power light, caps lock light on the shift key, etc. The power button was not responding so I used a pin to press the tiny backup reset switch on the bottom (lol). the x1 carbon continued to blink at me when I turned it back on.

i removed the back panel and disconnected the battery to be thorough but when i powered it back up the blinking continued.

😿

lenovowned

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Even though they won't act on it for the next few days I'm going to file the new warranty claim today to underline that it hSnteven been a full day since compltion of the prior claim

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

maybe I'll get better service if I put a five inside of the case before I ship it back

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

fill the box with bees before returning

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

and mealworms

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
sell it to some sucker and buy an Apple computers inc Macintosh booklet professional

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

The online ticket request form is weird. It's still hosted and managed by ibm. every text field has a little notice that that text field accepts french characters. the City field allows eight characters. the Problem description box allows one-hundred and fifty.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Apparently you can put the keyboard from a T420 and a screen from an X1 into a Thinkpad T430. If the T450 turns out to be poo poo, this may be the best option for me.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

frankenstein's lenovo

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

bride of frankenstein is a pretty good movie if you've never seen it.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

duTrieux. posted:

😿

lol

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

atomicthumbs posted:

Apparently you can put the keyboard from a T420 and a screen from an X1 into a Thinkpad T430. If the T450 turns out to be poo poo, this may be the best option for me.

the kb physically fits but the keymappings are different so good luck with that one

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
it pains me to say it, but apple makes the only new laptops worth having.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Wild EEPROM posted:

the kb physically fits but the keymappings are different so good luck with that one

who needs f10 anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

rotor posted:

it pains me to say it, but apple makes the only new laptops worth having.

same but joy

• Locked thread