Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

david carmichael posted:

I'm not sure if it was wrestling fans or ufc fans or whatever but people posted about how cm punk would do well at MMA because he has willpower. like a D&D character. It is an essential part of our heritage and you cannot deny us this

here are the instances of people using "willpower" in the thread in the past 2 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

exploded mummy posted:

here are the instances of people using "willpower" in the thread in the past 2 years

they might be making fun of pro wrestling.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

this is a good thread because it regularly involves cool mma posters clowning on insecure pro wrestling geeks :laffo: keep on trucking lads

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

the story of bradzilla - mentally stable pro wrestling guy

his first tentative steps into a balanced perspective of cm punk - mma fighter

off to a good start. life outside the pro wrestling circuit seems to be having a negative effect on his sexual market value....

but behold! his third post ever on the subject is taking offense at an mma guy being baffled by your weird gay storylines!

that's ok. some growing pains. but be damned if he doesn't know and care about what punk earns!

right on! now for a succession of balanced perspectives on cm punk as a human being:

normal. how are you holding up mentally dude?

good. good. let's get back to mma fans though. those condescending fuckheads

YEAH. and finally, full release

roflolmao indeed, bradzilla.

:yikes:

Nice meltdown, guy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

:gas:

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

I'm sorry brad but this is you right now, right here, in this thread, at this very moment

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

david carmichael posted:

I'm not sure if it was wrestling fans or ufc fans or whatever but people posted about how cm punk would do well at MMA because he has willpower. like a D&D character. It is an essential part of our heritage and you cannot deny us this

I think that dude was going through some issues at the time, please be more sensitive to that weirdo.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I wish the fartsucker guy was forced to read all of this thread and it was the only place in the forum he could post in

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

HerraS posted:

I'm sorry brad but this is you right now, right here, in this thread, at this very moment

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

lol yep totally owned by a guy that got so mad about being told his posts are bad that he quoted all my posts itt

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

bradzilla posted:

lol yep totally owned by a guy that got so mad about being told his posts are bad that he quoted all my posts itt

After reading your contributions to the thread I get the feeling you may have been influenced by a series of storylines so simplistic that they are understood by and get reactions from the literally mentally retarded. These reactions caused you to wish physical pain upon a man who was just doing what he loved. Nothing close to a balanced or critical thought has crossed your mind on this subject and I think there's something wrong with you.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

much like CM Punk, a professional wrestler, got clowned on when he tried to step up to a fighter who has trained for decades to be as good as he can possibly be instead of a few months for a fat paycheck, so too do the untrained pro wrestling posters get humiliated when they get into an argument with the ufc posters who have honed their shitposting in the ufc threads so that they too might one day be as good as Keven

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

After reading your contributions to the thread I get the feeling you may have been influenced by a series of storylines so simplistic that they are understood by and get reactions from the literally mentally retarded. These reactions caused you to wish physical pain upon a man who was just doing what he loved. Nothing close to a balanced or critical thought has crossed your mind on this subject and I think there's something wrong with you.

:ughh::ironicat:

HerraS posted:

much like CM Punk, a professional wrestler, got clowned on when he tried to step up to a fighter who has trained for decades to be as good as he can possibly be instead of a few months for a fat paycheck, so too do the untrained pro wrestling posters get humiliated when they get into an argument with the ufc posters who have honed their shitposting in the ufc threads so that they too might one day be as good as Keven

lmao at cheerleading for a slapfight

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

HerraS posted:

You know Gall hasn't actually been training for decades and may actually be just really good. I mean he was training a few years longer than Mr. Bump, but he is still very green in the combat sports world.

I mean I guess if you count some boxing when he was a teenager then Gall has been training technically for 12 years now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CM Punk sucks, just like this thread.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Marching Powder at least puts efforts into his posts, unlike brad who can only response in emotes and sad one-liners. He can't even claim that he doesn't care enough to put effort into his posts, for clearly if he didn't actually care he would have shut the gently caress up pages ago. Instead here we are, all wondering how long this will go on.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

*stirs pot with dumb cheerleading, immediately makes a post wondering when it will stop*

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

exploded mummy posted:

in it, voted 5

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
If I were to approach this from a combat sports angle I'd say that Punk's career as a fighter was 'too little, too late' and he was bad.

If you approach it from a wrestling angle, it's no big deal. People got back into the ring after commiting muder (snuka), getting busted for drugs (too many to list), domestic violence (Steve Austin) and quite possibly, if wrestling continues to be a dumb business, from racist tirades (Hogan).

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

I just want you to know thay I am willing to listen to your problems so that you can one day overcome your crippling addiction to making lame posts, friend.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Do you think Punk could beat a 12 year old Japanese girl???

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

god no

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

exploded mummy posted:

If he can't beat Mickey Gall then I don't see how.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Yea more like CM Hunk :swoon:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
He's bad, Jim.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

If you only hold onto memories for two years please feel free to join in the next time we all talk about the effects of our various brain damage

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Junpei Hyde posted:

If he can't beat Mickey Gall then I don't see how.

Mickey isn't champion, but he isn't at chump level yet. Don't we at least wait until someone loses before we 'always-bad' them?

Punk-Northcutt would still be the cool MMA maths fight to see. Maybe draw reasonably?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mickey Gall seems like he is probably good but there is still at least a 20% chance he is not truly UFC level yet, since his three ufc wins are old guys with no experience and Sage Northcutt who himself is laughably inept at Gail's one key area of strength, I'd like to see him matched with someone with a little more experience and clout next, like Jake Ellenberger level (but not Jake himself, the poor guy needs a break.)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Wazzu posted:

Mickey isn't champion, but he isn't at chump level yet. Don't we at least wait until someone loses before we 'always-bad' them?

Punk-Northcutt would still be the cool MMA maths fight to see. Maybe draw reasonably?

That said, a 12 year old Japanese Girl could probably still take CM Punk.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

CM Punk sucks, just like this thread.

I agree with this

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

:gas::gas::gas::gas::gas::gas::gas::gas::gas::gas::gas::gas::gas::gas::gas::gas::gas::gas::gas::gas:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gas

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Wazzu posted:

I'm not knocking Mickey Gall, I'm just saying that a 12 year old Japanese girl is a fearsome opponent and would put up a better fight.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm not knocking Mickey Gall, I'm just saying that a 12 year old Japanese girl is a fearsome opponent and would put up a better fight.

The documentary Kill Bill is proof of this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nXYfapQbqo4

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
iirc this thread from the very beginning was Wrestling fans being like "LOL mma fans are so SALTY that Cm punk gets to fight in the UFC" and mma fans being like "LOL wrestling fans think CM punk is actually going to win" but very few people actually expressed either of those opinions. Everyone was acting very cool and above it all from the start so everyone wins

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The only ones that I really remember were one guy saying CM Punk could beat up Joe Rogan and one guy saying he wouldn't be surprised if CM Punk fought for the title

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CM Punk fighting for a title was always more likely than him actually winning a fight because title shots in the UFC aren't always given to the worthy, but to the people who will make a nice wad of cash

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
CM Punk would get demolished by noted MMA fighter and the most fearsome striker in the world, "Mean" Mark Calloway.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

exploded mummy posted:

Not really? Probably not.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

manyak posted:

iirc this thread from the very beginning was Wrestling fans being like "LOL mma fans are so SALTY that Cm punk gets to fight in the UFC" and mma fans being like "LOL wrestling fans think CM punk is actually going to win" but very few people actually expressed either of those opinions. Everyone was acting very cool and above it all from the start so everyone wins

I wanted, and still want to, talk about Batista's foray into MMA which was really skill level appropriate and it would have been cool to see how far he could get. Alas, he is busy being Gina carano

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Which MMA guy could make it big in wrestling? My bet is on Hulk Hogan who founded Pride.

• Locked thread