Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
This should end well.

:suspense:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

It's gonna end in Punk failing the piss test

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
He's going to face the biggest tomato cans on the planet. Best in the world indeed.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Punk'll be okay, he comes from a legit jiu jutsu background and is mentally tough as well.

He just might not be, y'know, good at it. But he won't get murdered or anything.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
do z-pak's build up you tolerance to getting punched really hard in the face? asking for a friend

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

He's going to face the biggest tomato cans on the planet. Best in the world indeed.

He'll probably fight some high upside athlete like UFC brought in for TUF Heavyweights. Guys with no experience but athletic pedigrees. That way whoever wins UFC wins.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
What's his special move?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Skip My Posts posted:

What's his special move?

http://www.wikihow.com/Do-a-Go-2-Sleep

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

What's his special move?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Skip My Posts posted:

What's his special move?

Getting paid.

He's REALLY good at it.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

"So, uhh... what do you want me to do??"

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Kneeing a guy in the face that's no stone cold stunner

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Skip My Posts posted:

What's his special move?

arm bar.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Skunkrocker posted:

This should end well.

:suspense:
At least it won't be bad as Butterbean vs Bart Gunn right?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Bigass Moth posted:

I wouldn't call olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle a tomato can.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MassRafTer posted:

Bring back Kimbo.

Bring back Dan Quinn. Straight edge vs. Stevia.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

flashy_mcflash posted:

First opponent confirmed: Chris Jericho

Jericho took down Goldberg easily in a backstage real fight so I consider him a legitimate tough guy, even if Goldberg was a braindead troglodyte.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Vince will probably be maddest at that wording

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Supreme Allah posted:

Jericho took down Goldberg easily in a backstage real fight so I consider him a legitimate tough guy, even if Goldberg was a braindead troglodyte.

Goldberg is a cool guy and the reports of that fight vary wildly. Jericho probably got him in a headlock in a very brief scrap. Goldberg wins under PRIDE rules.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So CM Punk is either gonna be fed nobodies so UFC can use his name as much as possible or he's going to get loving demolished, right? Like...he's not in a good way as it is.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

lmao

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The Dana thing pretty much flat said he'll be fighting nobodies, so yeah.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So CM Punk is either gonna be fed nobodies so UFC can use his name as much as possible or he's going to get loving demolished, right? Like...he's not in a good way as it is.

Both.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Jesus Punk think of your concussions please :ohdear:

BigDanRTW
Aug 24, 2003
Punk bitched and moaned about Ryback breaking his ribs with a kick. I hope he knows real MMA fighters kick pretty hard too.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Interview from the PPV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCViiT9-7DY&list=UUvgfXK4nTYKudb0rFR6noLA

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

wow

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

its going to be funny if he wins or loses i cant wait

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I really hope CM Punk succeeds.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

punk is betting on the winning horse. all the luck to him. gonna be interesting..

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I hope Kane knocks his crybaby rear end out

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Anybody got a link to the FS1 interview?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He's gonna make a bunch of money fighting nobodies.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
http://www.ufc.tv/video/ufc-181-post-fight-press-conference He's at the post fight presser.

Edit: They cut off his presser but he might be at the main one soon? Who knows.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Dec 7, 2014

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Ty1990 posted:

I really hope CM Punk succeeds.

CM Punk legit doing a Brock Lesnar would be hilarous as well and piss HHH and Vince even more so it's what I hope for most as well.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NutritiousSnack posted:

CM Punk legit doing a Brock Lesnar would be hilarous as well and piss HHH and Vince even more so it's what I hope for most as well.

Unfortunately for Punk everything is against him to be a legitimate UFC fighter.

Luckily for him Robbie Lawler won a UFC title in 2014 and got his title shot by ending the multi year winstreak of Matt Brown so who the gently caress knows anymore.

BrianPhillips
May 10, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

The ironic thing here is that Punk could see this as an opportunity to make his stock rise then waltz back into WWE on a part-time schedule like Brock...but he might get so hosed up that he'll never be able to pass a WWE physical again

As someone who hasn't given a poo poo about pro-wrestling since I was in Jr. High and loved the WCW, I can't help but feel CM Punk is genuine. The first time I ever heard his name was him doing the Sonnen-backspin. I knew from Chael talking it was a close relationship and he had an emotional investment in MMA. Is it really that hard to believe that a competitive dude would catch the MMA bug and want to test himself?

No matter how much I hated Brock for his obvious lack in striking qualities and making me get into retarded arguments and lose 50 dollars because Carwin forgot how to breathe I still loved how much attention he got for the sport.

Win win bitches

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Skip My Posts posted:

He's gonna make a bunch of money fighting nobodies.

the thing is he can't fight nobodies forever cause quickly there's going to be pressure from everybody for Punk to fight a higher profile dude. Fans are going to go apeshit the first time he wins a UFC fight, his management is going to want more money, and UFC will obviously want as much money as they can get. He might get killed against Diaz or Machida or Bisping and so on, but he would make soooo much more money from that than fighting whatever bums they get.

I think Punk gets a max of 3 fights until they cash-in on a name, and they might as well go as big as they can without it being for the title.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Bubba Smith posted:

I think Punk gets a max of 3 fights until they cash-in on a name, and they might as well go as big as they can without it being for the title.

Can he win 3 fights against MMA fighters? He does BJJ and is in good shape and such, but he's also 36 and never had a MMA fight in his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Mike Coughlin at F4WOnline:

quote:

Just spoke with CM Punk. He confirmed an eight fight deal. Debuts in the spring against the returning GSP. Said he was promised a "main event in the same month as Wrestlemania" and that sealed the deal.

• Locked thread