Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy loving poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fentry posted:

While I don't think this is likely the best move for his health I don't really get people acting like he's basically committing suicide compared to going back to wrestling where when he inevitably also gets a concussion the match doesn't stop. I would wager on his first couple matches being TUF losing grapplers

I don't think he's committing suicide but I do think it's pretty fuckin' weird given that the dude is more than rich enough to retire and cited wanting his health as a reason for getting out. I'm not saying he's gonna get a severe traumatic brain injury or anything but going from "I'm enjoying retirement!" to an eight fight UFC deal in like a week is slightly odd to me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oatgan posted:

punk giving up on retirement would be signing a new contract with wwe, this seems more like a thing he's always wanted to do and finally has the cache and freedom to do. You can't watch hockey forever.

Yeah good point I guess.

Fentry posted:

The eight fight number is most likely nowhere near the reality of how many fights he will actually have, it's just set high enough to ensure he'll never run through his contract and sign with Bellator or some other org that would be willing to throw even more ridiculous contracts at him. It's similar to how Anderson Silva just signed a contract for some absurd number of fights he will never complete as a sign of UFC loyalty

This makes more sense. I know nothing of MMA so I didn't know whether the eight fight number was any kind of binding amount or if it was more a symbolic kind of thing.

• Locked thread