Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

We were so close to people finally being able to stop debating on whether or not CM Punk was ever coming back

So close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

rovert posted:

We were close to TNA dying too. It has been a terrible few weeks.

At least we'll be able to watch them both get beaten into varying degrees of sadness

More than they have been already that is

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Perdido posted:

This is Punk being an eccentric millionaire. He's not coming back.

My point was that people were finally going to stop talking about him when he said he was never coming back to wrestling and now welp

At least we've got at least one funny fight to look forward to before he goes away

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah it's gonna be funny either way

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CM Punk has brought Valeyard into an MMA discussion thread

This is the kind of terrible poo poo that happens with things crossover

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

They'll probably namedrop him a few times on commentary passive aggressively wishing him well in his upcoming fight and book AJ to be in some humiliating angle but outside of that they won't do poo poo so I dunno why anyone would be worried about it

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

As hilarious as Punk getting his face punched in is going to be - people can't stop talking about this here and everywhere else and it's going to be a spectacle that a ton of people are going to want to see happen live.

Mission accomplished, I guess.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

fatherdog posted:

[url=https://twitter.com/JoeLauzon/status/543546698442620929]

[url=https://twitter.com/joerogan/status/543554133848891392]

:lol:

That's a great answer lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wrestling brings us together, wrestling tears us apart

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

A lot of first time MMA watcher wrestling fans are gonna be really shocked when this fight happens not because he is going to get pounded into paste but because they're going to see a fight that has an actual resolution for once

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lloyd Boner posted:

cm punk by split decision

Hopefully it ends in a DQ

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dangersim posted:

Do any of the wrestling posters make jokes, which are funny

One might every once in a while, then the another dozen spend the next ten pages fantasy booking any funny aspect of it into the ground

Also imagine I added an owen hart joke at the end of that last sentence to get the true wrestleposter experience

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

:regd08:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

RacistGuidingLight posted:

connoisseur of white trash punch dummies

lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Aurain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrvgwnzJOLo

45 minute interview with Ariel Helwani discussing basically all aspects of what people might want to know about CM Punk.

You can tell even he knows he's screwed at UFC level fighting

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

He also downplayed the sponsorship stuff way more than he did in the Art of Wrestling interview. One of his biggest beefs there was Brock coming in with his own sponsors after he brought the idea to Vince and how he wasn't making the money he thinks he should be.

Then when it comes to the Reebok deal he's 'glad he doesn't have to pay someone to deal with sponsors' and 'if Reebok pays me 2500 for my first fight its 2500 I didn't have before.'

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Next you'll tell us training with Steven Segal isn't the best base for becoming a legend in this sport

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm sure it's just because i'm a sucker for fighter documentaries but I'm probably going to enjoy the rest of his even if he's garbage

In fact I'll probably enjoy it more if he ends up washing out

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If you have any interest in 'build to a big fight' fighter documentaries and behind the scenes poo poo its fairly enjoyable - or if you want to see someone throw horrible punches and get schooled episode after episode and then verbally beat himself up during dinner/tv night with his wife it's great for that too.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

rovert posted:

I hate when people hint around things and withhold information on here

A rovert joke made me laugh, well played

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

As clueless as he seemed when asked about cutting weight good on him for actually pulling it off.

Now about that whole making sure he doesn't get KO'd hilariously thing, that's the next battle ahead. Hopefully he doesn't - I wouldn't mind 5 extra goonweight prediction points.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Best weigh-in tactic is to share snacks

*snack pics*

Silly staredowns are the best

What better way to get into an opponents head then offer them snacks or hugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

A few people I work with not only bought the PPV because CM Punk was on it (they're not typically fight fans) but also had fun talking about how badly he did and how much fun they had watching him lose... so - mission accomplished I guess? I mean it's a small sample size but I was pretty stunned they not only watched the show but also paid for it.

• Locked thread